• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Africa will become an agricultural powerhouse... don't hold your breath

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Africa will become an agricultural powerhouse... don't hold your breath

https://www.producer.com/2018/06/africas-green-revolution-stumbles-in-congo/?module=author-bio-recent&pgtype=article&i= https://www.producer.com/2018/06/africas-green-revolution-stumbles-in-congo/?module=author-bio-recent&pgtype=article&i=

Sounds like the usual corruption and political instability still rule the day. But spending more money on studies is apparently the answer.

The problem with everything to do with Africa... is the Africans. See:
    https://iq-research.info/en/average-iq-by-country

Comment

This has long been a topic of interest to me.

If the Guinea Savannah - 400 million acres? - were ever brought to its production potential, it could feed much of the world.

But to date, it can't even feed its own because of all the reasons given in the links above.

I read an article some time ago describing how Asian interests were moving in, paying the tribal "king" for the land, and pushing the local population out. The result was starvation for the local population who were entirely dependent on what the small plot-holders produced.

China has absolutely no qualms about feeding its own appetite at the expense of others.

Comment

Africa is going to add a billion people in the next 25 yrs. They will have their hands full just feeding themselves.

And we are going sanction knocking down more rain forest to feed more people. Thats nuts. I dont know about climate change but I am strictly opposed to clearing old growth rain forest anywhere to grow crops.

Comment

Our federal government recently donated $100 million to help foreign countries like these 3rd world countries in Africa remove plastic from their water.

How much corruption will this $ fund?

Comment

Should be sending condoms over there. and then also maybe giving them for free to all welfare recipients here or if you want a cheque 1 kid and after that neuter or no cheque. They seeem to have the most kids in Canada. Having kids makes you money. And in a few years that's he kind of kids voting determining the way the working people should live.

If there was a way to reward not having kids for some???
            Last edited by the big wheel; Jul 24, 2018, 11:47.

Comment

It kind of makes me laugh when I think of how the media jumped on the Liberal ag minister with the big green cowboy hat Eugene Whelan when he said "The reason African farmer could not get their act together was because they don't wear hats. The sun is very hot there and it affects how they think and if they wore hats that would help"

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...