• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wheat

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
    Local bids have rebounded nicely.

Maybe the market is aware...
    Up 14-16 cents Minneapolis futures earlier today
    Last edited by Oliver88; Jul 30, 2018, 13:00.

Comment

Could there be any short covering and a "correction" when combines hit the fields in a general way?
      Last edited by farmaholic; Jul 30, 2018, 13:42.

Comment

Consumers will just gobble this down, sprouted grain breadClick image for larger version

Name:	036.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	32.8 KB
ID:	766605 is healthier...

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
          Consumers will just gobble this down, sprouted grain bread[ATTACH]3189[/ATTACH] is healthier...
          They better like flat bread because it won't make much of a loaf.

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
            whats the magic number for new crop wheat 101? you have made me a lot of money in the past , lol

I'm wrong lots
            I don't know...to put a guess out now would be a guarantee of being 100% wrong

There's some positives on the charts. That's encouraging.

No one is talking bumper crop among the major exporters except perhaps Argentina's crop which is harvested in December

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
              Consumers will just gobble this down, sprouted grain bread[ATTACH]3189[/ATTACH] is healthier...
              Wow if the heads look like this....imagine how wet the fields are...that deep deep black dirt will be flooded and not traversable with any machinery without weeks of hot dry weather. I still have PTSD from our wet fields in 2010,2011,2012,2014,2015,2016....

Comment

Reality is now sinking in across the traders .
                Now whoever informed that article in the WP a few weeks back needs to be fired as well .

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                  Reality is now sinking in across the traders .
                  Now whoever informed that article in the WP a few weeks back needs to be fired as well .
                  When will everyone realize that apart from the colourful graphics and advertising....the WP is a useless failing paper with weak reporting etc...throw in the Manitoba Cooperator and Fake Ag....and we don’t have much to rely on....Agriville probably the best source for market info as we all have the same interests and are not selling anything to our readers...and there is some pretty smart people who are not afraid to share their knowledge. IMO.

Comment

There are lurkers getting facts from this site..

Can you imagine what Joe dales could make if this was a subscription based service to lurkers.....

Betcha Joe would be retired drinking on a beach quicker than those experts

Comment

Got a GrainCo text today with spot wheat priced higher than durum. Also fairly decent Nov delivered price...if I knew I would harvest #1-13.5 Px CWRS....I might sign. But then there's the magic "Premium and Discount Schedule" that gets adjusted to suit one side.... a schedule that you can't lock in at the time of early signing....nothing like downloading all the risk.

Comment

No guaranteed premium/discount schedule? Not really a contract then. Toilet paper

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                          Got a GrainCo text today with spot wheat priced higher than durum. Also fairly decent Nov delivered price...if I knew I would harvest #1-13.5 Px CWRS....I might sign. But then there's the magic "Premium and Discount Schedule" that gets adjusted to suit one side.... a schedule that you can't lock in at the time of early signing....nothing like downloading all the risk.
                          Makes a guy wonder why we take the fusarium risk of growing durum. Especially those crazies North of the valley.

Comment

Better question is why spend money on durum when they only pay for a 3CWAD or less.

The spread between a 5CWAD and 1CWAD the other day was only 40 cents....easy to grow a 5cwad/feed.

Comment

Nearly $1.00/bu difference between cwad, and cwrs off the combine around here.

Comment

MWZ - the hammer has fallen. Will need closes above 625.5 tomorrow and Monday to cancel.
                                Otherwise look for a retracement

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...