• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Existing Canadian provisions enough to protect farmers! I laugh and laugh and Cry!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Existing Canadian provisions enough to protect farmers! I laugh and laugh and Cry!

Existing Canadian provisions enough to protect farmers from a trade war, MacAulay says. Existing safety nets are ready to help farmers weather increased trade volatility, Canada’s agriculture ministers said Friday, amidst an escalating global trade war that has the country’s farm community nervous. ‘There’s a framework in place with the Canadian Agricultural Partnership now,” federal Agriculture Minister Lawrence MacAulay told reporters at a wrap-up press conference here Friday.

Federal Agriculture Minister Lawrence MacAulay emphasized the importance of the provinces working together as an escalating trade war with the US puts some farmers on edge. The minister said his provincial and territorial counterparts discussed trade negotiations and the contingency plan during their conference that wrapped up Friday in Vancouver.

Like everything in Canada, this statement shows the truth.

We know that at some point, the situation will resolve itself, likely through lower Indian pulse production," says Chuck Penner. "But predicting exactly when that will happen is difficult, especially when seemingly arbitrary government decisions are causing most of the issues in the market. We certainly don’t want to raise hopes unnecessarily, but there are a few glimmers of hope coming out of the Indian market.

Yep at some point, it will resolve itself so take it in the Ass Canadian farmers the hurt will only be a few more years. Bleed out, boys.

Senile is what the federal ag minister is. And our ag minister had other things to do....fair enough but this ag file deserves some heavy hitters to attend not assistants to the deputy...why not send a summer student ffs...

And listening to a market expert that couldn't predict yesterday's weather is just as stupid.

Btw why should farmers be the last to know whats going on other than for more manipulation ...

So the grain companies can buy low and sell high...
    Last edited by bucket; Jul 23, 2018, 06:28.

Comment

I agree 100% with what you're saying.

Ag is a Joke in Canada.

All parties are lined up to line their pockets and farmers have safety nets in place to protect them. Yea I'm in Oddit for 2015 and have never collected a cent from them since 2004 that I had to pay every single cent back in 2012. So is the program a make work for gov staff.

FFS I got no benefit from these programs.

Comment

Oddit? that's a new one.

Comment

Thanks, Grass for finding that wow you're awesome keep up the good work now post something useful. Audit

Comment

Ever notice the programs really only cover the cost/expense of inputs of growing the crop....the cost of machinery and land don't seem to enter the equation. And margin....?.....just be glad to recoup your crop input expenses!

Comment

Get rid of that useles make work
              Project of agristabilty put all that money into a cheaper more up to date crop insurance. no more 10 year yields relying on years you had no rain or too much rain or hail to be the determinant of how much you can grow. On the good weather years you have proven what you can grow.

How many people insure a new house based on the value of the old one that burnt down.

Stop taking premiums to pad the provincial deficit. And ministers and their assistants severances which are more than most farmers see in a lifetime out of these programs.

No premiums for too wet or too dry disasters

100% coverage option. At 80% you are insuring for s loss????

Comment

Its odd...steel companies get committed funding because of steel tariffs but wait a second ...the price of steel went up?????

western canadian farmers get a pulse tariff imposed and the price of lentils and peas drop to half of 2016 prices and .....wait for it....no commitment from government to help out by either ending the tariff or covering losses......

steel good....farming bad....funny though ...farmers support the steel industries judging by the machinery on farms....say what?????

the dumb****led farmer...tm.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                  Ever notice the programs really only cover the cost/expense of inputs of growing the crop....the cost of machinery and land don't seem to enter the equation. And margin....?.....just be glad to recoup your crop input expenses!
                  The Chem companies are guaranteed by crop insurance all the rest is for input cap to take land and machinery. You as a farmer don't deaerve anything because we haven't spoke up about what's going on we keep praising our politician left or right and neither of them has really had the farmers interest first.
                  Last edited by the big wheel; Jul 23, 2018, 08:23.

Comment

If every farmer in the country would demand an end to these useless programs, I think you would find that the government itself would insist on perpetuating them.

Why?

Because there are far too many well-paying government jobs that would be lost if they were cancelled.

So who is the farmer and what is being farmed?

Government has become the biggest business in the country and will do whatever it takes to maintain and grow itself.

Think Greece.

Comment

Years ago when the old CASE program was in effect, I made a claim into it. It took my accountant many rounds to get the application through. I even had to go sit in front of a mini-tribunal to defend my application.

What I was told at the time is these programs often have unintended effects. At that time, farmers got support money and went and bought land with it. Thats what I did too.

There should be a simple program like hail insurance. I buy the coverage I need for my inputs, expenses and margin.

Comment

Government funded R&D is big business as well....grow more of what the world doesn't want and then find an excuse to further not be willing to buy from Canada.....

Research into an oversupplied mustard market seems stupid.....

Comment

And funding for research by producers who rarely get any trickle down benefits is legal theft!
                          Market benefits, they can fund it.
                          Remember Aug 1st you must apply for wheat/canola check off refunds.
                          Agri-Invest is better but was reduced by 2/3 to 1% of gross.

Comment

We deported Indian politicians over the weekend...

Don't expect the pulse tariff issue to get better. Indian govt officials are pissed.

Comment

They should have sent some semi drivers with them.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...