• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More PGR(Manipulator) results...

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More PGR(Manipulator) results...

I will let the pictures speak for themselves.

EDIT...damn pic orientation! I took the pics with the phone upright and posted them with the phone upright(android). Nicole, why does this happen.
    Last edited by farmaholic; Jul 20, 2018, 09:31.

Look what else we found....but not a real bad infection...more scouting....

Comment

No one pays for quality wheat or durum anyway....

Comment

My phone default is on its side. Landscape

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
          No one pays for quality wheat or durum anyway....
          No they don't....but they sure as **** know how to discount the poor quality stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by farming101 View Post
            My phone default is on its side. Landscape
            I will check that out. I like using my phone in the landscape mode too. Is your phone camera defaulted to landscape or the whole phone. I always have my screen rotation activated....that may be causing some issues too.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post

Look what else we found....but not a real bad infection...more scouting....
              Jesus is that what I think it is. Time to buy stock in tweezers.

Comment

Originally posted by biglentil View Post
                Jesus is that what I think it is. Time to buy stock in tweezers.
                .....and magnifying glasses. 😆

Very very very very little found...you have to look for it and if conditions remain dry it shouldn't spread.

Don't shoot the messenger.
                Last edited by farmaholic; Jul 20, 2018, 12:19.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                  I will check that out. I like using my phone in the landscape mode too. Is your phone camera defaulted to landscape or the whole phone. I always have my screen rotation activated....that may be causing some issues too.
                  Screen rotates in camera mode but if I transfer a pic it always appears just the one way. Landscape.

Comment

How many days does Manipulator delay the crop? 1/4 of the height is gone but much greener where manipulated in our fields too.

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
                      How many days does Manipulator delay the crop? 1/4 of the height is gone but much greener where manipulated in our fields too.
                      I can't answer that question. This is my first and maybe my last experience with it. I don't see what would be an alarming difference is the crop stage between the treated and untreated stuff.

Comment

The data suggests that economic benefit comes if lodging is prevented. No one likes lodging but not likely to see it this year.

The stuff aint cheap at approx $15/acre, but at least it did not burn my durum white like the $19 Prosaro XTR. Thank goodness I only sprayed 1/3 of my acres with that crap. The big boys would not give it up and they got burnt literally.

Sometimes the more juice we spray the more we fk it up. Spray wisely!
                        Last edited by biglentil; Jul 21, 2018, 09:13.

Comment

https://iharf.ca/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/2017-IHARF-Agronomy-Research-Update-Chris-Holzapfel.pdf https://iharf.ca/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/2017-IHARF-Agronomy-Research-Update-Chris-Holzapfel.pdf

This is the pdf off IHARF's website.

I used the product in "anticipation" of a "potential" problem of bad lodging on that land. If I get a 10% yeild increase even in the absence of lodging I guess that is a bonus. The data suggests(and talking to the researcher personally) that even in years without lodging there was a yeild bump, this could be a different year considering we never got a weather event to push the crop down AND it's potential is limited because it's running out of moisture. I only applied it to 160 acres to get a feel for it.

Comment

Yield building products are like steroids in the Olympics. If one guy is using them that guy has an unfair advantage. If everyone is using them everyone is on a level playing field, and the only winner is the steroid manufacturer. We continue to grow more for less and the only winner is the chem cos.

So when we do our break even calculations on products don't forget to factor in the reduced over all price of grain when everybody starts using em.

Comment

BL....I was honestly trying to mitigate the lodging, first and foremost....I knew the wheat variety I was using could produce a lodging wreck. My future mitigation is now using a midge tolerant "semi dwarf" variety. The only place I may see a fit for the PGR using the new variety might be on the doubled up inputs on the headlands.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.