• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Peas? Suck? Price in the Tank! Trudeau takes a personal.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Peas? Suck? Price in the Tank! Trudeau takes a personal.

Just like the old man he screws up western Canada daily.

Yes, the India thing and peas are sad. We all know the story of the dance party and Dress up day in India With our PM making a total fool of himself.

Then doing nothing with a 50% trade tariff against farmers of western Canada.

So the damage slowly starts to take shape. Pea processors are having issues lets just leave this at that. Layoffs etc.

But now reality bites farmers in the ASS.

No bids all winter on peas, Nothing at all by major companies.

Now with the crop coming along nice, the big dogs finally start giving a price for off the combine.

$6.13 in the pit.

WOW enjoy that number and tell your self over and over how farming is such a great occupation. Canada is the greatest country in the world to farm and all the other bullshit.

In the USA if this happened we farmers would gladly take the $6.13 and then get a top up from the gov to the average of 7.95 or 8.25.

Also in a dry year like this and some areas having poor yields the price would be climbing to fill orders. Yes, orders are thin but you can bet Cargill and Richardson are licking their chops all way to the bank on this crop.

But in dear old Canada, we all just get it and are told to carry on.

Ah farming in the greatest country in the world.

Silence.

Click image for larger version

Name:	MVnTz8gERXGa8%cQrLC5%g.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	99.9 KB
ID:	778068

Why did you grow peas if you knew they were so screwed up?

Comment

What is also brutal is the latest ipsos poll said his approval is up 5% to 55%....we are so screwed.

Comment

Sk

"In the USA if this happened we farmers would gladly take the $6.13 and then get a top up from the gov to the average of 7.95 or 8.25. "

Are you expecting a handout from the government? You were complaining when Trudeau stood up to your hero Trump and now you want Trudeau to help you out.

Have you forgotten who started the tariffs?

Comment

[QUOTE=foragefarmer;383910]Sk

"In the USA if this happened we farmers would gladly take the $6.13 and then get a top up from the gov to the average of 7.95 or 8.25. "

Are you expecting a handout from the government? You were complaining when Trudeau stood up to your hero Trump and now you want Trudeau to help you out.

Have you forgotten who started the tariffs?[/QUOTE

Forage big wadds of cash for steel workers so yes show us the money!!!
          What's the difference between what the tariffs from India did or USA?

Where is our provincial ag minister?
          Federal on this issue?

Comment

Ad hoc payments would/could trigger trade action and more tariffs.

Comment

Originally posted by Braveheart View Post
              Ad hoc payments would/could trigger trade action and more tariffs.
              They've been doing it forever time to have some balls and get what they've been getting.

Like as if any of that matters at this point?
              When you negotiate you hit high at first leaving room to back off to what you really wanted in the first place.

Comment

That was already done years ago beginning with GATT in the eighties. Ad hoc is a slippery slope that unravels past negotiations.

Comment

Do you need a reward for being stupid enough to grow peas amid no demand?

Comment

SK3 keep posting pics of your crops, they will go a long way in price recovery. It’s absolutely sad how much whining you do, but are about to pull off a monster compared to most. I have a friend who has had 1.5 inches since snow melt, I feel for him as I had half that in 17.
                    Your wheat is filling 8 row , yippie good for you!!
                    I’m sorry to say this but you need to go through a yr like we did then you would have something to complain about. I’m thankful for every drop I’ve gotten this year because last year, we suffered where you traveled the world wide.
                    Yes you’ve had very wet years I will give you that, and so have I. But, a drought is far worse IMO!!

Comment

Originally posted by Braveheart View Post
                      Do you need a reward for being stupid enough to grow peas amid no demand?
                      Thank God people are still growing peas what would you like everyone to grow all canola?

At 6 bucks with the fertilizer it puts back and the good of rotation still better than summerfallow or everyone growing canola. Could you imagine???

Comment

According to trade database some peas still going into India. Not many though....
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	2017-18 Pea exports.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	65.0 KB
ID:	766572

Comment

SF3, peas were about $3.50 one year back in the mid-2000s. $6 bucks aint half bad. A few years ago I sold some for like $11 bucks when I was the only person in the country who grew them.

Whats a shame is durum. Top quality, 13% protein, $6.97. Spoiled bug invested wet crap grain that I didnt check got sold at Terra Fuels for $5.80. $1 dollar difference for best human consumption product on the planet vs ethanol and some pig feed.

Comment

There is still plenty of room for the price of peas to slip further. Hopefully not. There was a time we were only getting 3.50 to 4.00 a bushel.

Comment

Wish my peas looked like that.
                              They've never gone to India or gone bulk. But ya, peas suck, please dont grow them anymore, I dont want the competition.
                              Too many growers leads to the Malt game currently. Sorry I grew it this year. My last.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.