• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Peas? Suck? Price in the Tank! Trudeau takes a personal.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

India Tariffs getting no attention anymore by the invisible Ag Minister or PM Groper since his Mr Dressup/hired assassin trip.

Hopefully they are removed before seeding 2019 or else canola acres will be crazy.

Comment

Yeah it's not like this was a surprise. Newsflash: the good times are gone. Prices are sliding, interest rates and inputs are climbing.

Comment

Don't give up . . . yellow peas could be a 'sleeping bull market' last half 2018-19

Comment

Originally posted by Braveheart View Post
          Do you need a reward for being stupid enough to grow peas amid no demand?
          there are many reasons to grow peas ;
          good for the land
          $85/ac to grow
          we don't grow canola on canola
          high protien wheat guaranteed next year
          can lock in $6.50 for nov
          50-60 bpa fairly normal here
          it's all about what's left after bills are paid

Comment

Originally posted by Braveheart View Post
            Ad hoc payments would/could trigger trade action and more tariffs.
            Ad Hoc payments would also completely disguise the message that the market is trying to send, leading to an even bigger glut of a product with no market. Leading to even bigger Ad-Hoc payments ad-infinitum. More government is never the answer, in fact it is the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
              Ad Hoc payments would also completely disguise the message that the market is trying to send, leading to an even bigger glut of a product with no market. Leading to even bigger Ad-Hoc payments ad-infinitum. More government is never the answer, in fact it is the problem.
              Bunch of garbage!! The free market doesn't exist that you talk about. Case in point tariffs by trump???? Deals made all the time it's about your leaders and what deals they make the Indians are not cutting imports because of markets they re doing so for many other reasons.
              It all comes down to who's liking after their producers.

Comment

Uh there was an article not long ago about North dakota farmers being paid 12.60 can for their canola in the form of a top up.....it seems the local trade minister missed that...

When the **** do politicians start standing up for Canadian producers instead of worrying about trade actions....

Every other ****ing country in the world protects primary producers.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                  Every other ****ing country in the world protects primary producers.
                  bucket, we have Agstability.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                    bucket, we have Agstability.

Thank you for the morning laugh....just picked myself off the floor from falling off my chair laughing....

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                      Thank you for the morning laugh....just picked myself off the floor from falling off my chair laughing....
                      I was waiting for response to that comment.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                        SF3, peas were about $3.50 one year back in the mid-2000s. $6 bucks aint half bad. A few years ago I sold some for like $11 bucks when I was the only person in the country who grew them.

Whats a shame is durum. Top quality, 13% protein, $6.97. Spoiled bug invested wet crap grain that I didnt check got sold at Terra Fuels for $5.80. $1 dollar difference for best human consumption product on the planet vs ethanol and some pig feed.
                        All wheat is feed wheat. Same story on HRS. $6 for feed. If you get high protein #1 then you get 7. All wheat is feed wheat.

Comment

Originally posted by ajl View Post
                          All wheat is feed wheat. Same story on HRS. $6 for feed. If you get high protein #1 then you get 7. All wheat is feed wheat.
                          Sad but true , good high quality wheat basically gets stolen out of western Canada

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                            Sad but true , good high quality wheat basically gets stolen out of western Canada
                            If we actually had a true free market that was regulated we would see the premiums and discounts accordingly.

As it is we have a theft occurring non stop.

Comment

Originally posted by ajl View Post
                              Our dreams of quality pasta being eaten in luxury restaurants in europe is basically feed for pigs in china.

Man is the trade ever messed.

Comment

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
                                If we actually had a true free market that was regulated we would see the premiums and discounts accordingly.

As it is we have a theft occurring non stop.

I thought we had that, then it was done away with... Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-07-20 at 2.45.33 PM.png
Views:	1
Size:	17.4 KB
ID:	766573

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...