• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Church mice

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Church mice

The expression "as quiet as church mice" seems fitting around here for the lack of comment on Trump's meeting with Putin. You're all over Trudeau for his dubious clothes choices when visiting India but when your hero Trump meets the Russian dictator and caves spectacularly - to the point Trump's own party are embarrassed by him - there's not a peep. There should at least be some discussion on whether his performance was inept, full out treachery or just another regular meeting with his KGB handler.

....of mice and men.

Comment

Who the hell cares? Leaders meet - that’s their role, but no prime minister has pranced around the world like Mr. Dress Up when there were serious trade issues with India that he should have attended to.

Comment

not sure what the hoopla is about. could it be trump is listening to eisenhower and thumbing his nose at the military industrial complex? Not sure why you cant talk to Russia or north korea. blustering talk and talking about lines in the sand do not work. Why not have some sort of relationship with Russia? How did they influence the election? was it facebook comments? if Hillary was elected we would be a war, and the hawks would be happy I guess.
        We sure live in a polarized world.

Comment

Just like Trump doesn't have a clue, perhaps many of his agriville supporters don't understand what he just did in Helsinki?

He might be senile, compromised or just plain stupid. Or a combination of all of the above. But that doesn't seem to matter to his supporters.

He is going to make America great with the help of Putin and Kim Jong Un .... his best friends.

It's hard to imagine how this Presidency could get more wacky but I think it will.

Comment

Grassfarmer, from the little bit of news I listened to yesterday it appears that Trump was supposed to take Putin to task over his influencing the last election. Personally I think Trump admires Putin to the extent that Putin has more power and money than he does. As far as attacking Trump for being less forward than he should have been? I guess I could but his trade battles are going to cost Canadian farmers far more than his apparent gullibility with Putin. What we get for our grain will be less and what we pay for farm equipment and any consumer item containing steel or aluminum will be more. Parts will go up another 15-20%, my son bought rebar the other day, new stock is going up 25%. Trump is undoubtedly going to cause a recession imo and what he did or didn't say to Putin isn't going to matter!

Comment

the farm bill in the states will protect farmers and their machinery costs won't move much....their fuel costs are less than ours ,,,,machinery as well,, fertilizer and chemical is less on a per tonne or jug basis....

Meanwhile we have some ****ing asshole of a federal ag minister that is hard to understand as he talks but it becomes obvious he knows nothing and could care less that he knows nothing....

There is no program in Canada that would equal the US farm bill so farmers here are going to use their farm equity or loans to compete against the US treasury ...its idiotic.

OH and did I mention a carbon tax for further sinking the farm economy in Canada?

Wheat and Canola are now based off exchanges in the states....

And North Dakota farmers are still getting 12 bucks CDN for their canola....

the only recession coming is in Canada....The US will prosper....

Comment

how has Russia meddled in the election? after 2 years of investigations why can no one say? can someone on here tell me? why are we supposed to go back to a cold war? was Eisenhower a fool? Of course you never trust a Russian, but talking is a bit different than what nato and Hillary did to Libya. now Europe is flooded in migrants....

Comment

I think it is smart to have a relationship with Russia, I also suspect Russia's faults and agression are overplayed in the media and political discussions. Everyone loves to hate! Perhaps Trump is using the theory of keeping your friends close but your enemies even closer.

Some comments he made were out of place no question as usual but I can't see it being a better idea to meet with Putin and then criticize and degrade him warranted or not. Would everyone been happier if he wound up and punched him in the nose?

Comment

the states have been investigating for 2 years Russian collusion. I was subjected to Russia this/ Russia that on the radio every morning for about 1-1/2 years. Trump was being trump when talking about the failure of his fellow countrymen in their partisan investigation. I guess that is why media is so pissed? that Hillary actually lost since she was extremely unpalatable, less so than trump? that Russia did not make her lose?

I see nothing wrong with making your own country great. We should make our country great too.

Comment

MRGA new hat slogan for Trump. All those millions in loans to save Trump and his families butt have to be re-paid.

Comment

So Trump says Russia did not meddle or influence the outcome of the election.
                        Therefore he’s a traitor? Bit of a stretch I say!
                        But the FBI and CIA disagree.
                        Watch for the next episode, meanwhile CNN pees it’s pants and the drool runneth.

Comment

Originally posted by samhill View Post
                          ......... meanwhile CNN pees it’s pants and the drool runneth.
                          Not just CNN - read this opinion piece from that staunchest Trump supporter Fox News.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2018/07/16/putin-eats-trumps-lunch-in-helsinki-this-is-no-way-to-win-against-russia.html http://http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2018/07/16/putin-eats-trumps-lunch-in-helsinki-this-is-no-way-to-win-against-russia.html

Comment

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
                            The expression "as quiet as church mice" seems fitting around here for the lack of comment on Trump's meeting with Putin. You're all over Trudeau for his dubious clothes choices when visiting India but when your hero Trump meets the Russian dictator and caves spectacularly - to the point Trump's own party are embarrassed by him - there's not a peep. There should at least be some discussion on whether his performance was inept, full out treachery or just another regular meeting with his KGB handler.
                            Begging your pardon if I have this wrong, but isn't Trump the President of the US, grassfarmer? So it's unclear why you think anyone here should be criticizing what he does, any more than whatever Obama did.

However, speaking of going all "church mouse" about something, where was your condemnation of Groper Trudeau for his own confirmed "...grab them right by the p...." moment?

Seems you had lots to offer about Trump in that regard, but as per usual liberal double standards, you didn't disavow our own slimy PM when he hypocritically condemned all other so accused.

You might want to find that rock that you hid under...

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
                              Just like Trump doesn't have a clue, perhaps many of his agriville supporters don't understand what he just did in Helsinki?

He might be senile, compromised or just plain stupid. Or a combination of all of the above. But that doesn't seem to matter to his supporters.

He is going to make America great with the help of Putin and Kim Jong Un .... his best friends.

It's hard to imagine how this Presidency could get more wacky but I think it will.
                              So how are your crops looking? Did you get any hail last weekend?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...