• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Australian Year

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Australian Year

Not really making the news much.

Australia is almost a basket case for 60% of cropping areas.

Some spots driest ever.

How does 18mm for first six months of the year grab you.

My spot well below average but crops all up seeding optimum date to finish if late may to first week of june, we finished 13th june just a tad late.

Crops germinated "ok" on about 75% but 25% is shizenhousen and probably wont germinate with out a big rain. Ive not had a double digit rain meaning more than 10mm in 24 hours since nov 14th 2017

But in saying that may and june were about 20% below average and we are getting rain every front being only 140 kms from coast as crow flies we get showers which others dont a bit further inland.

So my patch average at best is on the cards with decent spring rains aug sept oct.

providing we get no unseasonal heat in sept oct things may be ok. Never lose a crop in july.

some parts of nsw and eastern SA have not sown to dry save you money

Stop trying to create panic and fear in the grain markets mallee.

There's ALWAYS ample supplies.

Comment

Mallee, sounds alot like our area. Every farmer is going to have good crops and bad crops. One of the spottiest crops I've seen in my memory.

Hope you get some more rain to make something of it.

Heard India's monsoon is coming up short as well.

Maybe don't get in a rush to sell. Let the Bull develop.

Comment

I dont deny the fact where i farm is deemed low rainfall but it is RELIABLE but many of medium to good rainfall spots particularly in NSW are just shcoking tamworth amadadale wagga wagga for any of you that know it.

And WA is very sparodic as well and have really only got going in last two weeks.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...