• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday Crop Report on Thursday!

This really sums up our leader. You can’t run around and preach the almighty and then when your caught being the fool you try to deflect like all the other predators out there. This is t a leader it’s a opportunist who got caught.

Ralph keep supporting him and your next to go down the drain, do the right thing and exit before you get booted to the curb.

Ok it’s a quick report as family are here from the left Coast.

Well I always like a rain event around Craven week and it looked like a winner was comming. It was apreaciated but a half inch at this time of year is a little short if hot dry windy weather is back in the forecast.

Crop is growing rapidly and needs water. When I talk one inch after seeding and one farm progress show and one craven week and one exhibition week it’s a great crop on way if you get it.

Total rainfall is now 7.5 inches since snow melt.

Ok here we go.

HRS is headed or just heading and most sprayed fungicide. Some like me did folicur on wheat as it was past flowering on a couple quarters rest got Prosario XR. Protect the flag even if fuz won’t be a problem. We are leaving one half section to see if it was worth it. We have nice hrs crops but not the best in the area. One neighbour out seeding 5 days earlier on worked soy stubble has a 12 out of 10.

Barley is all but done being sprayed and even some early is filling. Rain did lodge some spots but maybe the wind will help it rise.

Oats looks great we have none this year.

Flax is flowering and being sprayed for disease.

Lentils are growing strong lots of top growth not sure seed set.

Peas are every where from a 11 to ours at a 6. Viper is definately cause as every spot I missed on purpose the crop is awsome.

Canola is looking great but again the best fields in the district are the ones on worked soy or pea ground. Like these are a 12 if the rest are 9.
    Spraying for fungicides is happening but not every one this year. Canopy is thick but not soaked till one like previous years. 8 maybe and it’s dry. Nice cabbage this year

Pastures are really doing good. Hay crop isn’t as big as last few years but good. Guys are still cutting ditches just in case. Reality with rain showers if you travel 10 miles west of us it’s a different world hay really poor.

Odd smf field don’t get it but have seen. Guy who seeds end of June his oats are up.

Overall the crop is doing great in our area but how big will depend on next few weeks. If the rain keeps at the 1/2 to 1 inch every week it will be good if missed and turns very hot and dry yield will be dropping off real fast.

AIM is next week and I enjoy the crop plots. The machinery demos. The friends and family you run into. Still waiting for a rain event on that day and wonder how all those cars and busses would get out of a field.

Be safe and remember the ones at home are way more important than a crop that they are working so hard to take for nothing. We lost another farmer in Sask this week please if you have or think someone is having trouble talking works wonders.

No mention that a small rain won’t cure a crop that is done flowering and shutting down. Or a down pour that will cause a dry crop to start growing again and flower in spots that were dried out.

Again it’s hilarious again this year fields worked last fall with protill or Kelly or Lemkin all are superior than into strait stubble.

Pea or Soy or worked.

Comment

New trees planted this spring for shelterbelt.

Spraying and no drift peas by hrs

Comment

Soybeans planted with Horsch ..

Comment

That planter has impressed me since the first time I seen it in red deer looks great.

Canola pictures seeded with it?

Comment

Everything looks way to good around here , waiting for the axe to fall , lol
            Although some guys that hold back on N , their canola is done flowerng already

Comment

No appreciable rainfall since end of may. We are hanging on by the good graces of Regina gumbo.

Some blooming canola doesnt look so great anymore. Dont know if got heat blasted or the wind took some flowers off.
              Last edited by jazz; Jul 12, 2018, 10:19.

Comment

I would say our area did virtually no lentils, pea acres are down and barley flax canary acres are way up with odd Durim and mostly HRS

Moose eating profits

Comment

Helicopter crashed spraying fungicide...

https://globalnews.ca/news/4323748/helicopter-spraying-field-crash-western-saskatchewan/ https://globalnews.ca/news/4323748/helicopter-spraying-field-crash-western-saskatchewan/

Comment

Piss on it it’s a perfect beach day.

Comment

looks like a nice crop coming SF3! Crops looking very promising here as well. hope you didnt kill your soil for life with the fungicide app. Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post

Crop is growing rapidly and needs water. When I talk one inch after seeding and one farm progress show and one craven week and one exhibition week it’s a great crop on way if you get it........

........Total rainfall is now 7.5 inches since snow melt......

.......Overall the crop is doing great in our area but how big will depend on next few weeks. If the rain keeps at the 1/2 to 1 inch every week it will be good if missed and turns very hot and dry yield will be dropping off real fast.
                        Still can't decide about the water thing hey? You only need 4" to grow a crop - you've had more than that already - but you still need a 1/2 to an inch every week to keep yields up.
                        Sure wish we could get the 1/2 to one inch a week - that's what I've always said we need but unfortunately we are getting nothing like it this year.

Comment

depends how much subsoil a guy starts with. This year is was lower so more rain is needed

Comment

Originally posted by bgmb View Post
                            depends how much subsoil a guy starts with. This year is was lower so more rain is needed
                            Yeah but after 15 years of epic floods you wouldn't think it would deplete that fast lol.

Comment

we went from beyond saturated spring of 17 to done sloughs empty on some of our land by fall of 17 grew a big crop on minimal rain in 17.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...