Next 3 days .. saskshafe 👀

Commodity Marketing

Tools

Next 3 days .. saskshafe 👀

Jul 9, 2018 | 05:39 1 Not sure what to think , no one else remotely calling for this
This precipitation forecast has been very accurate before ... this was updated yesterday
SASKFARMER3's Avatar Jul 9, 2018 | 05:49 2 furrow what is the website. Saskwind is power grid.

Just currious. Reply With Quote
Jul 9, 2018 | 05:55 3

This is what comes up
Scroll to the wind map at bottom
Move map over to left , look at menu top right find rain/ snow accumulations.
Maps shows 3,5 and 10 day.
It has been very close for the time I have been watching
Like any weather forecast it does change but this one usually 2-3 days ahead of most . Reply With Quote
Jul 9, 2018 | 06:05 4 The Canadian model also shows lots of rain for that area.
The same model shows way over an inch for us. I doubt it, but there is a chance of thunderstorms so the lottery is on again. I think all that will be general for us is a quarter inch Reply With Quote
Jul 9, 2018 | 06:08 5
Quote Originally Posted by farming101 View Post
The Canadian model also shows lots of rain for that area.
The same model shows way over an inch for us. I doubt it, but there is a chance of thunderstorms so the lottery is on again. I think all that will be general for us is a quarter inch
If we can grab 1/2 in out this without hail that would be good .
We need a shot shortly again . Crop growth exploded here after last Saturday, but reserve is still low Reply With Quote
SASKFARMER3's Avatar Jul 9, 2018 | 06:14 6 Thanks were at a inch in the next three days. Reply With Quote
Jul 9, 2018 | 06:24 7 Norwegians showing North Battleford at 1.5" over next 3 days. Reply With Quote
Jul 9, 2018 | 06:29 8 Reply With Quote
farmaholic's Avatar Jul 9, 2018 | 06:35 9 The numbers seem extreme. Reply With Quote
Jul 9, 2018 | 06:45 10
Quote Originally Posted by grassfarmer View Post
Norwegians showing North Battleford at 1.5" over next 3 days.
Hopefully we get even half of that .
Will be interesting Grass , thx for heads up . Reply With Quote
Jul 9, 2018 | 09:34 11 The only way rain is a lottery for me is if we miss it completely. Reply With Quote
Jul 9, 2018 | 10:05 12 Windy is is reasonably accurate i give it 75% Reply With Quote
Jul 9, 2018 | 10:49 13 Soil

Soil is almost dripping wet and it hasn’t rained in about a week Reply With Quote
farmaholic's Avatar Jul 9, 2018 | 11:04 14 Odd question for seldomseen....

Is any of your soil a light texture black loan?
High water table? Reply With Quote
Jul 9, 2018 | 11:07 15
Quote Originally Posted by seldomseen View Post
The only way rain is a lottery for me is if we miss it completely.

Amen to that. Reply With Quote
Jul 9, 2018 | 11:23 16
Quote Originally Posted by Sheepwheat View Post
Amen to that.
Send it west , a huge area east and north east of here with very very dry conditions.
Some areas less than 1/2 in last 3 weeks.
Some pockets have been cooked for 10 days ..... done .
Areas getting rains west and north west continue to get rain but also hail so it’s a bugger . Not much inbetween for decent conditions. Reply With Quote
Jul 9, 2018 | 11:34 17 That strip between Lloydminster and The Battlefords getting rain again today . Reply With Quote
Jul 9, 2018 | 12:35 18
Quote Originally Posted by furrowtickler View Post
Hopefully we get even half of that .
Will be interesting Grass , thx for heads up .
Be careful what you wish for !! Reply With Quote
Jul 9, 2018 | 12:42 19
Quote Originally Posted by farmaholic View Post
Odd question for seldomseen....

Is any of your soil a light texture black loan?
High water table?
Our soil is about 3-4 inches of dark heavy top soil with an impenetrable gray clay under that that goes down I an not sure how far. Once the water fills up the top soil it just sits there.

I have heard it called Tisdale clay or grey wooded soils. Reply With Quote
Jul 9, 2018 | 13:06 20
Quote Originally Posted by caseih View Post
Be careful what you wish for !!
I hear you but in my 30 years of farming never once have we been too wet.
Just simply looking for a rain in a very dry zone .
It can rain 3 in west side of river and we rarely if ever would get half of that. Reply With Quote
Jul 9, 2018 | 22:49 21 Either way it will be an interesting next 3 days in some areas ...
Jul 10, 2018 | 06:34 22 Think we could survive with a three inch rain now.
Couple years ago felt like saskfarmer and sick of the mud. Don’t think I have a right to complain about lack of rain compared to some, but we probably lost close to half our yield in the well drained land in two days the end of June.
Worst thing about rain the last couple years is it seems that there hasn’t been a general rain, and the path the clouds follow seem to repeat.
Definitely something to how lakes and rivers attract or repel the flow of clouds. Reply With Quote
Jul 10, 2018 | 06:48 23
Quote Originally Posted by saskshafe View Post
Think we could survive with a three inch rain now.
Couple years ago felt like saskfarmer and sick of the mud. Don’t think I have a right to complain about lack of rain compared to some, but we probably lost close to half our yield in the well drained land in two days the end of June.
Worst thing about rain the last couple years is it seems that there hasn’t been a general rain, and the path the clouds follow seem to repeat.
Definitely something to how lakes and rivers attract or repel the flow of clouds.
Yup , that is for sure. Those two days at the end of June were not good . Reply With Quote
Jul 10, 2018 | 15:37 24 Looks like the decimal place may have been one to the right of where it should have been according to the latest forecast 🤣🤣 Reply With Quote