Truflex

Commodity Marketing

Tools

Truflex

Partners's Avatar Jul 7, 2018 | 18:31 1 Got the truflex info in the mail.
We are alotted a number of bags for next season..Have to decide by Sept 1st if we want it..before any yield data is available..
Every yr they bump up the promo date..
Got the deal on seed from corteva also...soon they will want you to book seed mega yrs in advance. Reply With Quote
farmaholic's Avatar Jul 7, 2018 | 19:30 2 Free!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

How much a pound, all dressed? Reply With Quote
Partners's Avatar Jul 7, 2018 | 19:35 3 No not free...we can buy our alotted amount..
No price yet either..
Trust me..take my honest word.
It's great.. Reply With Quote
farmaholic's Avatar Jul 7, 2018 | 19:43 4 Hmmmm, I guess, I think, you could always back out....forward thinking early adopters of change are probably clamouring at their door for a chance to be the "first"! You know, the ones where price is no object and newer is ALWAY$ better. Reply With Quote
Jul 7, 2018 | 20:03 5 I gotta admit that when I opened this thread I thought it was going to be a lesson on how to spin your sins into silk and a lesson for all peoplekind...

Sorry, carry on... Reply With Quote
Jul 7, 2018 | 20:12 6 I don't have a fucking clue as to what this is about....please enlighten. Reply With Quote
Jul 7, 2018 | 20:13 7
Quote Originally Posted by Partners View Post
Got the deal on seed from corteva also....
Was the Corteva notice just for an early book Nexera bonus?
And they at changing the name of Nexera to something else for some strange reason? Reply With Quote
Partners's Avatar Jul 7, 2018 | 20:27 8
Quote Originally Posted by Oliver88 View Post
Was the Corteva notice just for an early book Nexera bonus?
And they at changing the name of Nexera to something else for some strange reason?
Dow agro now called corteva.
50 dollars of a bag till Oct 15th.
Nexera is called Brevant..
Stupid names.. Reply With Quote
Partners's Avatar Jul 7, 2018 | 20:31 9
Quote Originally Posted by bucket View Post
I don't have a fucking clue as to what this is about....please enlighten.
Trufĺex is dekalbs new RR canola that can be sprayed 2 passes at .66 per acre each..double the rate of regular RR canola.
For us who bought dekalb in 2013 we get first chance at the latest tech..and the highest price canola ever.. no doubt.. Reply With Quote
farmaholic's Avatar Jul 7, 2018 | 20:44 10 More than Nexera 1024 with Visivio and Lumiderm?.....and $75/bag for the privilege and luxury of growing it?
Last edited by farmaholic; Jul 7, 2018 at 20:58.
Reply With Quote
GDR
Jul 7, 2018 | 20:47 11
Quote Originally Posted by Partners View Post
Trufĺex is dekalbs new RR canola that can be sprayed 2 passes at .66 per acre each..double the rate of regular RR canola.
For us who bought dekalb in 2013 we get first chance at the latest tech..and the highest price canola ever.. no doubt..
Should be good for dirty fields or direct seeding into sod. I would assume that all new dekalb if not all RR varieties will be that way going forward. Reply With Quote
Jul 7, 2018 | 21:53 12
Quote Originally Posted by Partners View Post
Trufĺex is dekalbs new RR canola that can be sprayed 2 passes at .66 per acre each..double the rate of regular RR canola.
For us who bought dekalb in 2013 we get first chance at the latest tech..and the highest price canola ever.. no doubt..
If you need 2 liters in a field that's been in regular production.... YOU FUCKING SUCK AS A PRODUCER Reply With Quote
Jul 7, 2018 | 22:16 13
Quote Originally Posted by macdon02 View Post
If you need 2 liters in a field that's been in regular production.... YOU FUCKING SUCK AS A PRODUCER
I don't see picking up many non-label weeds in the spring with that rate.

Many think extra means cleaner fields.

Possible some benefit to more crop tolerance but I agree with macdon.

If you need this on more than an odd field you have lots of problems this won't solve. Reply With Quote
wd9
Jul 7, 2018 | 23:14 14 We have a TruFlex stewarded plot this year. Including a stacked liberty/glyphosate strip. All looks the same right now.

All product release is subject to trait approval in China, which so far hasn't happened. Its the last of the 7 countries that approve in order to be released in Canada into commercial production. It is registered in Canada.

The TruFlex is a brick wall type of resistance whereas the original was a metabolic type of resistance that was good just past 4 leaf at which point it degraded rapidly and damage occurred. TruFlex strips were sprayed at 360 gm x2 passes, the stacked was 360 gm first pass and then 1.35 liter Liberty second pass, to me this made good sense from a resistant weed management strategy. There were almost no weeds however on the second pass in the field/plot, done at 4 leaf, but protocol required the rate.

Have seen in other truflex plots where there was good sized buckwheat the benefit of 360 was very evident compared to the 180 gm rate.

Any questions, just ask and I will try to answer. Reply With Quote
Jul 7, 2018 | 23:20 15
Quote Originally Posted by Partners View Post
Dow agro now called corteva.
50 dollars of a bag till Oct 15th.
Nexera is called Brevant..
Stupid names..
Ok thanks.
Seems like a waste to change the Nexera name that’s been used for several decades.

They didn’t seem to know what was happening (if anything) with DuPont RR varieties and Pioneer Hi-Bred when I asked them? Reply With Quote
Partners's Avatar Jul 7, 2018 | 23:29 16
Quote Originally Posted by wd9 View Post
We have a TruFlex stewarded plot this year. Including a stacked liberty/glyphosate strip. All looks the same right now.

All product release is subject to trait approval in China, which so far hasn't happened. Its the last of the 7 countries that approve in order to be released in Canada into commercial production. It is registered in Canada.

The TruFlex is a brick wall type of resistance whereas the original was a metabolic type of resistance that was good just past 4 leaf at which point it degraded rapidly and damage occurred. TruFlex strips were sprayed at 360 gm x2 passes, the stacked was 360 gm first pass and then 1.35 liter Liberty second pass, to me this made good sense from a resistant weed management strategy. There were almost no weeds however on the second pass in the field/plot, done at 4 leaf, but protocol required the rate.

Have seen in other truflex plots where there was good sized buckwheat the benefit of 360 was very evident compared to the 180 gm rate.

Any questions, just ask and I will try to answer.
Got any pics to show us? Reply With Quote
Partners's Avatar Jul 7, 2018 | 23:30 17
Quote Originally Posted by Partners View Post
Got any pics to show us?
How does it compare to 7545 and 7444. Reply With Quote
farmaholic's Avatar Jul 8, 2018 | 07:52 18
Quote Originally Posted by wd9 View Post
We have a TruFlex stewarded plot this year. Including a stacked liberty/glyphosate strip. All looks the same right now.

All product release is subject to trait approval in China, which so far hasn't happened. Its the last of the 7 countries that approve in order to be released in Canada into commercial production. It is registered in Canada.

The TruFlex is a brick wall type of resistance whereas the original was a metabolic type of resistance that was good just past 4 leaf at which point it degraded rapidly and damage occurred. TruFlex strips were sprayed at 360 gm x2 passes, the stacked was 360 gm first pass and then 1.35 liter Liberty second pass, to me this made good sense from a resistant weed management strategy. There were almost no weeds however on the second pass in the field/plot, done at 4 leaf, but protocol required the rate.

Have seen in other truflex plots where there was good sized buckwheat the benefit of 360 was very evident compared to the 180 gm rate.

Any questions, just ask and I will try to answer.

I don't know how they can develop anything new without effectively releasing the Jeanie from the bottle,(Triffid Flax, RR Wheat, Glyphosate/Gluphosinate stacked canola).

I guess the developers just have to continue to spoon force feed everyone until they over come their gag reflex and swallow. Reply With Quote
Jul 8, 2018 | 09:35 19
Quote Originally Posted by macdon02 View Post
If you need 2 liters in a field that's been in regular production.... YOU FUCKING SUCK AS A PRODUCER
I believe will allow the same rate as the RR2 DeKalb soybeans. Reply With Quote
ColevilleH2S's Avatar Jul 8, 2018 | 09:38 20 20 years since the original Roundup Ready and all they release is a double rate trait! FFS where is all the innovation that was promised by this new technology? And where the **** is the fleabeatle suppressing Canola developed at the U of S more than a decade ago?
The Canola commissions should be doing a bit more to steer this ship, instead of leaving it all to the last couple companies standing.

Colour me unimpressed. Reply With Quote
farmaholic's Avatar Jul 8, 2018 | 09:45 21
Quote Originally Posted by ColevilleH2S View Post
20 years since the original Roundup Ready and all they release is a double rate trait! FFS where is all the innovation that was promised by this new technology? And where the **** is the fleabeatle suppressing Canola developed at the U of S more than a decade ago?
The Canola commissions should be doing a bit more to steer this ship, instead of leaving it all to the last couple companies standing.

Colour me unimpressed.
To me the development of these technologies has been a license to print money and waste it.

How many acres of canola are seeded per year at what seed cost(pick a number in the range)?

Yikes.... Reply With Quote
Partners's Avatar Jul 8, 2018 | 09:56 22 Spray what rate your fields need.
Might reduce post harvest or pre harvest applications.or even preburn in the spring?
Our farm we have post harvested every acre for many yrs..
Not sure if it will reduce the amount of roundup we use? Just at a different time. Reply With Quote
GDR
Jul 8, 2018 | 10:12 23
Quote Originally Posted by wd9 View Post
We have a TruFlex stewarded plot this year. Including a stacked liberty/glyphosate strip. All looks the same right now.

All product release is subject to trait approval in China, which so far hasn't happened. Its the last of the 7 countries that approve in order to be released in Canada into commercial production. It is registered in Canada.

The TruFlex is a brick wall type of resistance whereas the original was a metabolic type of resistance that was good just past 4 leaf at which point it degraded rapidly and damage occurred. TruFlex strips were sprayed at 360 gm x2 passes, the stacked was 360 gm first pass and then 1.35 liter Liberty second pass, to me this made good sense from a resistant weed management strategy. There were almost no weeds however on the second pass in the field/plot, done at 4 leaf, but protocol required the rate.

Have seen in other truflex plots where there was good sized buckwheat the benefit of 360 was very evident compared to the 180 gm rate.

Any questions, just ask and I will try to answer.
I think the higher rate RR varieties will be good, will have a use at times foe higher rates and maybe eliminate burn offs. I think the stackes traits is a bad idea, canola becomes more of a weed that way, less options to control. Lots of guys alternate RR and Invigour systems as part of the crop rotation for volunteer control and resistance management. Will no longer be an option. Reply With Quote
Jul 8, 2018 | 10:22 24 I can see a definite use for it. Any land I bring into production is typically old hay or pasture land, and I prefer to direct seed into it. The other issue we have here with our short growing season and long season crops is no window for post harvest, and the preseed window is very short and typically growth isn't enough to be effective. If I could skip the preseed, and seed a few days earlier then go in with a decent rate(s) in crop, I would get much better control and seed in better time too.

As for RR and LL in one plant, not interested.

Now if only one of the RR companies could create a variety that can compete with Invigor. Reply With Quote
Jul 8, 2018 | 11:50 25 Has anyone seen rr resistant marsetail or water hemp? Think lambs quarters on steroids. There's claims Canada thistle is developing resistance. Both the result of overuse and higher rates. Crop tours of the corn belt foreshadow future issues imo. Reply With Quote
Klause's Avatar Jul 8, 2018 | 12:20 26
Quote Originally Posted by macdon02 View Post
Has anyone seen rr resistant marsetail or water hemp? Think lambs quarters on steroids. There's claims Canada thistle is developing resistance. Both the result of overuse and higher rates. Crop tours of the corn belt foreshadow future issues imo.


Are you talking about Equisetum Arvense or Conyza canadensis when you refer to marestail?

Equisetum Arvense is all resistant to glyphosate already....

We use way too much and they want even more use... If you have thistles in canola don't spray more gly, spray some clopyralid.

Quit picking up what these super-national companies are laying down... it helps their pocket, not your farm, your soil, or the public. Reply With Quote
Jul 8, 2018 | 17:36 27
Quote Originally Posted by Partners View Post
Trufĺex is dekalbs new RR canola that can be sprayed 2 passes at .66 per acre each..double the rate of regular RR canola.
For us who bought dekalb in 2013 we get first chance at the latest tech..and the highest price canola ever.. no doubt..
I cant wait until I can spray it 3X Reply With Quote
wd9
Jul 8, 2018 | 17:57 28
Quote Originally Posted by Klause View Post

Quit picking up what these super-national companies are laying down... it helps their pocket, not your farm, your soil, or the public.
Do you realize that out of the millions and billions of acres of TruFlex corn, soy, cotton, that the few million of canola is the only RR crop that isn't TruFlex?

And that RR1 canola is only sorta kinda glyph resistant?

And that you don't have to spray the high rate? Or twice? Or at all?

And that it is your choice not to grow it?

And that you can still get Muster gold and treflan and Edge and Assure and Lontrel if that fits your philosophy?
Last edited by wd9; Jul 8, 2018 at 18:02.
Reply With Quote
Klause's Avatar Jul 8, 2018 | 18:39 29
Quote Originally Posted by wd9 View Post
Do you realize that out of the millions and billions of acres of TruFlex corn, soy, cotton, that the few million of canola is the only RR crop that isn't TruFlex?

And that RR1 canola is only sorta kinda glyph resistant?

And that you don't have to spray the high rate? Or twice? Or at all?

And that it is your choice not to grow it?

And that you can still get Muster gold and treflan and Edge and Assure and Lontrel if that fits your philosophy?

And what benefit is applying more? We've seen it in corn soy and cotton where gly kills next to nothing even at retarded rates and everyone is turning to other chemistries.


Guys are pushing labrl rates now... All this will do is cause them to again push label rates way higher... Gly is a chelator.


But whatever eventually people will realise it.


. Reply With Quote
wd9
Jul 8, 2018 | 19:45 30 Don't blame the companies for your bad decisions or farming practice. It all rests on your shoulders and is your responsibility to be either good or bad stewards of the land you very temporarily are in care of.

But hey, if you want to spray 2 passes at 360 gm in canola, someday - and i kinda doubt it will even be approved next year, it will be available someday for YOU to decide to purchase and use.

The TruFlex doesn't look any different then the RT73 gene canola beside it. You can just use more roundup on it. Reply With Quote