• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday Crop Report on Thursday!

Morning every one this is a short crop report for a short week.

Trudeau doesn’t let us down again as he pretends to care for Canada and help save jobs. Yea you moron you killed good oil paying jobs and thought nothing about that. Now that the economy is failing you want to save jobs. The only job you care about saving is your own.

Ralph challenging Sask on the paper the uofR wrote about the damage of a Carbon tax. He yaps about farmers and fuel and forgets to mention it will increase our costs on every single thing we use or do. You look like a fool Ralph just resign and quit honourably before the next election because your going O be defeated if you run again.

Ok the Riders suck, getting tired of the coach and a plan that isn’t working.

Ok here is the crop report right from the field.

Overall the week left us with a little over a inch of moisture and some hail early yesterday morning with min damage. Total 7 inches since spring.

Hrs is in the flag to early head and definitely hit the gas. We will start spraying with Prosario in a few days. Nice heads developing. Still don’t think it’s a 10 but would be a good 9 so far.

Flax in area is like other years some have it figured out some don’t.

Barley is getting sprayed as it’s just coming out of the boot. Looks like a solid 8.5 not last years crop but up there.

Oats the dew fields in our area look good at this time

Lentils across the valley look great but with the moisture will they set seed or just make plants. Looks like first disease app is on.

Peas I hate the fact a company creates a expensive product to spray on them the plants almost die for three weeks you spend more on a expensive cocktail to bring them back to life it’s a sick way to make a living. But they are back and will give something. A six compared to last years.

Canola I’m impressed with our area. Most crops this week I have seen are sick thin short all over the map crops. Our area has nice even tall healthy fields. So far I will give it a 9.5 out of 10 but it’s early in the season and lots can go wrong like 35 temps and 60 plus winds that I hope don’t come. Flower Blast! Spraying is happening on most fields but not finding very much to warrant.

Pasture is looking good and first Hay cut will start.

Millet seeded looks good.

So overall we have had nice rains this year no big down pours just real nice rains. It’s July hottest month of the year and the thermostat is going to get cranked up starting tomorrow. Hope those that needed a good rain got because if there is wind with it like they are talking the yield robber could be just days away.

To all you morons in glass towers heat and high dry winds suck the life out of a plant with very little sun soil moisture. Just a heads up Mother Nature is a bitch and she is just stepping up to the plate to Bat.

Have a great week and remember the ones at home are way more important than any crop that they will take from you and give you the pennies.

This is Wheat growing last night on my Grandfathers original farm in Germany.

It’s dry this year.

Comment

....sprayer in the mist.
      (This morning's fog. It is soaking wet here this morning)
      Last edited by farmaholic; Jul 5, 2018, 07:47.

Comment

Ah summer

Comment

That track looks abandoned, is it used? CP has a 100 men and millions in equipment changing rail north of Wadena. Hope we get our field crossings back and SMOOTH highway crossings!

Comment

SF3....what expensive cocktail are you spraying on peas to bring them back to life again?

Comment

a lot of fungicide isn't going to happen around here . wheat and canola going out of stage . aerial sprayer in nipawin has got planes helping him for a total of six or seven I think . we are sure lucky to have him close by ! made us realize we better get him to spray some quarters every year and give him some buisness . the local guy here belongs to one of those big companies and takes off somewhere else everytime it rains . thank god for spray planes ! hoping we can travel the ground in a couple days and catch some of the later canola . that 4" sure made a mess , but crops are really good if not too much water damage ? to early to tell

Comment

These peas were all yellowed and streaky 10 days ago . Roots were 50% infected , still are but plants have recovered dramatically in the past 5 days .
                1.2 in rain on Saturday.
                Sprayed 1.5 lt / ac Plant Fuel and 1/2 lt / ac lignojule on them 10 days ago . About $9 /ac .
                It worked well last year to recover peas from root rot symptoms, so tried it again.
                Time will tell how they handle the heat coming up .
                Root hair activity has picked up a lot over days ago .

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
                  This is Wheat growing last night on my Grandfathers original farm in Germany.

It’s dry this year.

Nice heads.so how do you count seeds for yield?

Comment

to to offset the wonderful reports .....my crops look like shit.

Whether its true or not.... isn't any lurkers business.

railways and graincos are not moving enough grain to make space anyway...for the new crop....

and what is a money maker?

Comment

Main line melville to Regina heavy rail

Comment

Heavy rail traffic here. Blocks access to my yard daily at 10 2 and 7.

Oil tankers. Haven't seen a grain train in a week

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
                          That track looks abandoned, is it used? CP has a 100 men and millions in equipment changing rail north of Wadena. Hope we get our field crossings back and SMOOTH highway crossings!
                          Those Foston crossings are pretty rough indeed. 😲

Comment

Other than my flax screw up, crops in this immediate area are ten pretty well. First time in years been able to say this. We are too good at growing crops. Watch for more rail issues. Watch for tanking grain prices.

I am heading west with the family for a two night stay in Drumheller. Will be interesting to get reality check on more than my backyarditis. Will report back on Saturday nite if I get back early enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post
                              Other than my flax screw up, crops in this immediate area are ten pretty well. First time in years been able to say this. We are too good at growing crops. Watch for more rail issues. Watch for tanking grain prices.

I am heading west with the family for a two night stay in Drumheller. Will be interesting to get reality check on more than my backyarditis. Will report back on Saturday nite if I get back early enough.

Stop by for a coffee or beer on your way home lol

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...