• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Ah, summer my favourite time to be living in Canada. Yes, when I was young the winters were so fun but as I get older only one time of year is really great and that's summer. Spring and fall get an honourable mention for life's new beginning and a bountiful harvest. But for summer You have Golf, Fishing, Boating, Skiing, Barbeque and family and community gatherings. Weddings etc. Ah, summer in Saskatchewan wouldn't want to be anywhere else.

Sad reality came this week as the Sask Gov and the UofR did a study on the effects of Trudeau's useless Carbon tax and the costs.

$1000 per family pissed away and sent to god knows where and 1.6 Billion pisses out of the Sask Economy. It's a negative impact and on climate change no change at all. Great program liberals as always find ways to take from hard-working Canadians and pad your own pockets and live high on the hog. Climate barbie don't get too used to be in charge, your time in the spotlight is only a few months away. Ralph just retire already before you get humiliated in Wascana. You're not going to win this time.

Most popular premiers again Sask and Moe. The NDP needs to do an about-face and have a leadership review and find a new guy both Fed and Prov. Otherwise your not even going to get enough for official party status.

Trudeau is going to win according to ipso. Yea right liberal war machine is running hard and fast. JT better take a personal year off and maybe. Canada day he will be in Regina. HAHAHAHAH
    Click image for larger version

Name:	36063225_10156064119140971_7858076850570919936_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	68.6 KB
ID:	778045

Ok, here it is the end of June Crop Report.

Yes, we had a rain event and are at 5.5 inches for the year. Some to NE of us have 18 in closer to Kamsack and flooding is happening. So we now have more rain than all last year. Funny thing I am done spraying in June this is the first time since the floods began way-way back that this has happened. A full 10 days ahead of last years 2nd pass of Liberty. Plants are growing fast.

HRS is entering the Flag leaf or early head. Late HRS is covering in nice. Spraying for diseases will happen next week. Fields all look really good, personally, I don't think it will hit last years HRS total but who knows, for now, it's a 9.

Name:	XzuJPF5tQRCtdW4KWFl68A.jpg
Size:	100.1 KB
ID:	778046

Peas suck shit and are not worth a dam. Thanks, BASF your useless viper is a catalyst for other problems. Thanks to a useless rep who thinks it's not even if the spots I missed have beautiful peas. Oh well BASF owns Liberty and I guess dropping 5000 acres and going Roundup Canola doesn't matter to the company. Well, it's going to happen. Your shit doesn't work and I said the wrong company bought Bayers Liberty trait. Only BASF could screw up the Lord's prayer.

Will try some cocktail and piss away money still on them but only have 600 acres so not a big deal.

Barley ah barley it is growing strong not a 10 but also a 9. Spraying might take place early Sunday or maybe Monday. Healthy and thick.

Name:	XO7L3qGcQ5+%Ybq+6bs3mw.jpg
Size:	101.4 KB
ID:	778047

Lentils across the valley look great and rainfall is less so for now ok.

Soy in our area is got a good catch but still small. Soy at SwanRiver was Flowering. So longer days and more sun does work out better. The reason again why we stopped growing till the varieties get better its a money loser.

Name:	FQiqi+O3Sb6Q2uPialOVmw.jpg
Size:	101.1 KB
ID:	778048

Flax is all over the map from very awesome to a little thin it depends largely on the drill of choice. this year old school system not as good.

Canola I have to say for the first time in years I have a decent start to our canola crop. Nice and even and areas that we haven't had crop survive the spring floods growing awesome. New areas that we seeded for the first time in 17 years are back to normal. Yes, the ring on some sloughs is there but those areas will take dry years to go away. A 9 so far.

Name:	oEu2S%RjT0mIAMihk%ue7Q.jpg
Size:	101.6 KB
ID:	778049

Pastures like the rain and hay some have started.

One note still two guys trying to seed one has cattle so feed source other well trying to farm to much and cant handle. Most are getting ready for fungicides but that is the billion dollar question the early mornings have dew for a couple hours then hot and dry and windy. Not sure a lot will get sprayed unless this weekends rain event is big.

To those who still need rain and there, numbers are very high. I have friends who say its F#$K3d already and a soaker wouldn't help. South of us missed last weekends rain and they are looking to the sky. Thick crops need moisture and lots at this time of year and since June is Saskatchewan's wet month and the tank of subsoil moisture is empty the next week is very critical. To the experts ha like you know jack shit whats going on in rural Canada. The markets know Jack shit. It's a game.

Oh, one note please talk to your neighbour's mental health issues and Ag are always hidden and one never knows who really is dealing with severe depression, we lose too many every year and the stress of farming is way higher than most realize. Talking is the best defence and can help save lives because your problem is over but the ones you leave behind never get over the outcome you chose. Talk and talk its not a crime. Trust me the flood years brought me to my knees and you get weird thoughts through your head. Why is this happening, how come, it goes on and on and never ends every storm hits and why me. Just talk.

Enjoy Canada day and Wave with one finger to Trudeau if you see him in Regina. I will be at the lake as hearing that fool speak makes me gag. Its Canadas 151st birthday was a young country and we have to look past the screw ups the liberals are doing and realize in a few months Canadas shit show will stop and we will get back to being a great country again without the World order that JT wants. Were Canadians and we should be proud of what we built and achieved and not worry about the rest of the world's problems. Canadians first the rest second. Real simple look after your own, those who want to come will still come.

Again have a great week and remember the ones at home are way more important than any crop that they will take and pay you pennies for.

Happy Canada Day!

Name:	1c64af787c3a635861e5557925a9f6d2.gif
Size:	6.8 KB
ID:	766510

Ah, Canada!

The first Trudeau brought us to our knees and we recovered but had an extra bunch of debt.

The second is taking us to stumble and fall plus the budget won't be balanced until a newborn today is 56 but we will recover.

Just hope no more ever get elected or we will be done.

Comment

Do you photoshop the pics you post? Lol

Last night I had a dream I met Grassfarmer, I didn't think it was a nightmare.

I think I posted enough crap that you know what the crops here are like.

Comment

Yes I know a 10.

Grass gives me a headache.

Comment

I have a field of wheat that's an eleven! Sprayed Manipulator on it. Will be spraying fungicides on the wheat pretty quick....installed the dual direction tips on the sprayer last night. Thought we'd give some a try.

Comment

We use those they are excellent imo.

Manipulator in the slum your moving on up

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
              We use those they are excellent imo.

Manipulator in the slum your moving on up
              Re Manipulator, nah just felt rich that day. I blame Hozy at IHARF for "planting the thought" in my head... What surprises me is it actually germinated and took root in that barren infertile hostile environment...nothing good happens there...lol.

Comment

crops are really good here , getting forced though.fungicide started a couples days ago . most canola didn't need a second pass , land was really clean this year . we need a rain soon. canola is flowering and most wheat and barley are headed. haven't saw a bad looking pea crop , most used viper. we used half rate pursuit . they are flowering about a foot high.alfalfa is purple it is blooming so much . saw one flax field looked ok . not gonna be any lake time here in August . reseeded borage up nice , first borage is sprayed and looks good . alfalfa looks a little to rank for seed production, 2 1/2 ton there looks like now . oats are the heaviest crops I have seen , looks like corn
                diesel is over a buck a liter , wtf?

Comment

Case, got some fuel on Tuesday, 98.9 cents/liter, hoping it drops before I fill up for harvest. I filled because the fuel agent said it going up half a cent yesterday. I hope I drops.

Edit, Actually got "some" fuel because I can't operate a farm with empty tanks. Maybe someone should tell the Anti-petro crowd that sitting in Starbucks sipping their iced lattes
                  Last edited by farmaholic; Jun 28, 2018, 07:26.

Comment

We are getting behind on moisture, two and a half inches since the snow left is not going to last much longer. South of Rosetown they have only had one and a half. Not pretty.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                      Case, got some fuel on Tuesday, 98.9 cents/liter, hoping it drops before I fill up for harvest. I filled because the fuel agent said it going up half a cent yesterday. I hope I drops.

Edit, Actually got "some" fuel because I can't operate a farm with empty tanks. Maybe someone should tell the Anti-petro crowd that sitting in Starbucks sipping their iced lattes
                      same crowd that is burning fuel from places where they still do female circumsion and lock women in houses.

Comment

Thanks Sask.
                        I enjoy the regular and consistent updates every Thurs.

Comment

No problem

Comment

Timely rains are the ticket. Porous soil and a decent rain every week or two and you’ve got a real picture. SF3, if I had to give a prize to the most devoted contributor, it would be you. I always know when it’s thursday and garbageday on our street, I open AV and am reminded to get that bin down to the curb. 😂

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
                              Yes I know a 10.

Grass gives me a headache.
                              Truth hurts, lol!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...