• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Large Donation to Community Hockey Rink...

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Large Donation to Community Hockey Rink...

We have a Richardson's in the area that made a $25,000 donation to our communitie's rink. The rink needs to upgrade the artificial ice plant and has received some large corporate donations but since this is an Ag forum I thought it would be fitting to give them a bouquet.

Thanks...

I would like to give credit where credit is due too. I deal almost exclusively with Richardson Pioneer. They are more than fair on everything from grading, to paper blending, have offered some very prudent marketing advice, flexible hours, delivery of products, everyone is easy to get along with, making it right when something does go wrong.
    I just dread every load of feed grain that leaves the yard through brokers into end users, with all the games that get played, but have no worries sending or delivering to these guys.
    They aren't all out to get us.
    Last edited by AlbertaFarmer5; Jun 23, 2018, 00:33.

Comment

We deal with them also and a yes that is what some of these ag companies need to start doing more of. They made their money off the backs of rural Canada.

Good on Richardsons

Thank you.

Comment

Yes it's good to see but I'd much rather see them all give what we farmers have coming in the first place. They take from us then are in the limelight as being so generous. There was an input dealer who ripped people off then made big donations to the local school but had to have a plaque with his name or no donation.
        So good they are giving something back but there are likely a lot of farmers that could have used those extra dollars and may have had things a lot easier as they should have been

Comment

Remember...they didn't have to donate anything. And I believe theirs has been two and a half times larger than some other large corporate donations.

All the donations are greatfully accepted with no judgement passed on the Donors.

And then there's the volunteers and committee members who need credit and recognition for donating their time as well...
          Last edited by farmaholic; Jun 23, 2018, 06:37.

Comment

Our school needed to replace playground equipment so we have been approaching businesses in the area for donations. We got word this week that they are donating 15000 towards the project. Good on them.

Comment

They have stepped up a lot here as well the past several years 👍👍

Comment

My hometown built a new rink. Owed a fair chunk and CN stepped in and paid it all off. Town is on a CN line and has a large oil car loading facility here as well. Aptly named rink CN centre. Bouquet to CN. As well Richardson is a stand up outfit here as well. Might not be highest spot prices but don’t jerk a guy on grades and movement damn site better than Viterra disaster down the road on CP branch line. G3 building up here too and will fill a void in nw sask corridor.

Comment

Its all good having these corporation donate but remember it wasn't that long ago that employees of those companies lived in the communities and donated not only money but time as well....as part of the community ...

Being a large corporate donor looks good but ultimately the money is coming from the local community anyway.

Jimmy Pattison gets the hospital named after him after marking equipment up by at least 30 percent....looks like a generous philanthropist but if he tried living on the same margins as his customers it might be a different story.

not criticizing even though it seems like it....but it is factual.

Comment

I was surprised that FCC donates to city projects. Seems odd they would not be donating where their customer base is.

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
                      I was surprised that FCC donates to city projects. Seems odd they would not be donating where their customer base is.
                      I need to speak up here because of what FCC did for us personally when our barn burned down almost 10 years ago.

My wife and I were stunned.

They did not have to do what they did. It was strictly the local office though, I believe, but cannot verify it because you don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

But I need to add also that FCC has been nothing but first class in all the years we've dealt with them. Shown flexibility when we needed it and very accommodating throughout.
                      Last edited by burnt; Jun 23, 2018, 10:54.

Comment

Glad to hear Burnt. I know only about the city projects because I am on a couple of boards but am glad you set me straighton the rural aspect.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                          Its all good having these corporation donate but remember it wasn't that long ago that employees of those companies lived in the communities and donated not only money but time as well....as part of the community ...

Being a large corporate donor looks good but ultimately the money is coming from the local community anyway.

Jimmy Pattison gets the hospital named after him after marking equipment up by at least 30 percent....looks like a generous philanthropist but if he tried living on the same margins as his customers it might be a different story.

not criticizing even though it seems like it....but it is factual.
                          Did you know he is giving his entire fortune to charity. Very little will be passed to his family. Nothing he is doing today is for his own gain. That's the last person we should be criticizing. I think he invested deeply in JD and would be surprised there will be much of a return for years and years on that play. Especially with prices pulling lower

Comment

Originally posted by dave4441 View Post
                            Did you know he is giving his entire fortune to charity. Very little will be passed to his family. Nothing he is doing today is for his own gain. That's the last person we should be criticizing. I think he invested deeply in JD and would be surprised there will be much of a return for years and years on that play. Especially with prices pulling lower

Have you priced a new tractor or combine or a used one ....margins look pretty good there.....

Parts?????

He's a generous fellow all right....

I don't know why I get myself into these threads .....it's very generous of these people to "give".....

I have to start on new kool-aid. ...
                            Last edited by bucket; Jun 25, 2018, 08:00.

Comment

Every one of those donations if there is a name put on it there also should be the words "and the farmers from western Canada" added to the name whether it's pattison or Richardson or who ever.

Yes thank you for the donations but farmers are the reason that money is there. Many farmers went broke due to higher transportation costs of elevator closures and the high price of equipment.

Also we shouldn't expect anyone complain about equipment prices or service or when you sell your wheat and it's a #1 quality but you get a 3 or can sell feed for better price. And then you find out it was all mixed in the same rail car after.

So thanks but share where that money has come from would make it even better.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.