• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ok all you soybean growers...

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok all you soybean growers...

If for some reason you felt the need to use, Solo, Basagran, Odyssey, Viper or Pursuit on non-RR Xtend soybeans that have been seeded on ground with the potential for alot of volunteer RR canola....are you seeing the same problems that the pea growers are claiming to see with flashing and making them more susceptible to root rot?

Everyone wants to praise the agronomics of growing soybeans without big disease pressure, I say "just wait", I think its only a matter of time before something to **** up a good thing rears its ugly head.

Enjoy it while it lasts.

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
    If for some reason you felt the need to use, Solo, Basagran, Odyssey, Viper or Pursuit on non-RR Xtend soybeans that have been seeded on ground with the potential for alot of volunteer RR canola....are you seeing the same problems that the pea growers are claiming to see with flashing and making them more susceptible to root rot?

Everyone wants to praise the agronomics of growing soybeans without big disease pressure, I say "just wait", I think its only a matter of time before something to **** up a good thing rears its ugly head.

Enjoy it while it lasts.

Soybeans are a very different plant. Tougher. Can handle tropical weather (no wait, loves tropical weather).

Bassagran (bentazon) (half of viper) was used on them long fbefore peas. They flash for an hour and are back to normal by nightfall.

The drought conditions will be a much bigger problem. I think soy will be dead after this year in sask.

Comment

Yes much tougher plant .
      No flashing , so no crop injury to slow plant down or tie up of nutrients.
      No root rot .
      Klause may very well be right , time will tell.
      As of now our soybeans look much better than last year.
      But if we miss rains again this next 5-10 days we won’t get much of anything on any crop. Crop looks good now, all of it but the one field of peas. But I am seeing that heat stress kickin in with little sub soil.
      Last year we had subsoil to carry us till mid July , this year that’s not the case.
      So rain fall is very critical the next week.
      Crops used up a lot of what we had the past 10 days .
      Rain fall in this time period sets the table for overall yield . So .... time is ticking
      Watched rain in almost a full 360 deg around us yesterday. Practically same set up as last year for us . Was weir to look up and see blue sky in a circle over this area again and big heavy rain clouds floating all around it.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...