• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Click image for larger version

Name:	j73PGTv9RASHTVsZBrCyBQ.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	93.2 KB
ID:	778038

Ok, its farm progress show week and it's almost time for a June Rain to take the crop into July. It looks not bad so far and one rain event will keep it growing nice. Peas are the crop in our area that took it on the chin. They looked awful after spraying Viper and some fields might recover with the heat but some are done. Sad when its the chemicals fault yet BASF says its the rain I got two days later. Either way, Maybe its Liberty fault and I switch all canola to Pioneer. Just saying.

Politics will be really short this week, Our Idiot spent 60 mills in a riding in Quebec to help his useless liberals win. Well, the people of Quebec are smart and actually tossed him to the curb along with his NDP companion. But the Great JT did bring in the Marijuana law. So let's all smoke a big Fatty in October and Vote the idiot's ass out. Here is a prediction. Watch if his poll numbers go up after oct he will call a snap election. Just saying watch. Oh, and can this idiot spend money. 1.5 to go to India. and the prince has gold carpet treatment at his summer cabin. Just like a liberal take and take. Pad their own useless pockets and tell the poor they are there for them.

Ok, the Crop Report.

HRS is looking good the heat is helping but a rain is needed in the next 10 days to keep it going strong. All spraying is done and Fungicides will start next week on early trials.

Name:	+YHjq%CCTGSZHkZjneIU5g.jpg
Size:	100.0 KB
ID:	778039

Barley is the crop that we have lots in our area. Maybe more guys seeded it than was expected. Like way more than usual. The crop is doing ok and growing fast all spraying is done Fungicides will start next week.

Name:	FaoFwzZBSR2GFedvMwzJQg.jpg
Size:	98.0 KB
ID:	778040

Flax we have lots in our area. It looks good all spraying is done and growing great.

Oats very little in our area but doing good.

Lentils across the valley look excellent but hey it's not a rainy year so why not.

Canola best catch ever but the only downfall is the wet years pushed salt up around the water's edge and these rings will take a few dry years to go away. Also, the fields were seeded end to end but the two inches at beginning of June drowned out so still patchy on rolly land. To the 3 lb seeders its all great to just put a bit in the ground but a few flea beetles or soil problems etc and you have huge areas with nothing. Also, different drills are showing up this spring and the old tech is not doing as good.

Peas suck ok mine do and the rep I guess knows more than my agronomist or the Cargill or pioneer or private friend. The whole field is yellow. It's not the disease as roots are healthy making nodes and top is now greening up. But for 14 days it was sick and yield will be compromised. Shit happens I know but the rain I didn't cause. Buyer beware. and they bought Liberty wow were Screwed.

Name:	lJxpPtZWRjK5yaJ%2nh8HA.jpg
Size:	102.9 KB
ID:	778041 last week.

Name:	UpOhcI%qS9WSQzX6%99rhw.jpg
Size:	104.4 KB
ID:	778042 now. on some of the field rest slowly coming back.

Pasture could use a little rain to keep the cows happy. But the slow two-day rain at beginning of June really did perk it up.

Well, it's off to the show want to see the New Fendt and Morris drill. Maybe who knows. Deere has a 60 ft wow a little behind with the times.

So keep safe and remember the ones at home are way more important than this crop that the market thinks is a whopper and will take.

To all who are extremely dry, i hope pray you get rain. Drought sucks the life out of a person. Just like over amount of rain you look to the sky for hope and all that you get is three spits.

Pictures like those make me want to slit my wrists...

Comment

Most crops on our side of the valley are ahead of normal or close. No canola is flowering yet as guys seeded a little later. south of Valley to Regina is early but heavy rain at Balgonie did hurt some canola fields etc.

On a trip north for parts the crops are all over the place. Some a 10 some a 1 some a minus 10. all within a few miles. Is it the drill or the lack of moisture this spring or too much. All factors. Its a long way from the bin and if your sitting in your office thinking its a barn burner, get out take a drive and look and stop and check things out.

The guys suffering from lack of moisture yesterday was a killer and today might follow in its path.

Also, a downpour doesn't really give much moisture to fields most runs off. a good two-day soaker is needed but doesn't look like it in the forecast.

Name:	%SJGbQe8TA67myLIs2oR5A.jpg
Size:	101.9 KB
ID:	766489 Last seeded canola around the 29th may.

Name:	E20heIerSQmSwaVrcOiqhA.jpg
Size:	93.7 KB
ID:	766490 Early seeded Cereal the stubble is covered.

Name:	fCgVTRHATDSVkTbQO%pdQg.jpg
Size:	93.3 KB
ID:	766491 Canola without a spring burn off on kelly harrowed pea stubble last fall.

Name:	30698602_10160119253840461_7765901067077812224_n.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	48.6 KB
ID:	766492 Ah and the award goes to.

Comment

I said for 15 years if the weather pattern goes back to normal we can grow great crops. Excess rain makes mud and is a dud. Drought sucks but 4 one inch rains one at end of seeding and then farm progress show. Craven and exhibition and call it a year.

Your crops look good also. The slum of the Guetto is moving up to the east side of Saskatchewan. Better shorten that wheat.

Comment

Well, what a nice day to walk around and visit with lots of old friends and talk to so many nice farmers from all over the place. One thing is surely true a good rain will keep the guys with good crops happy and if a rain doesn't happen soon for a lot of guys its Crop insurance and shitty harvest. Seems the West side is dry or needs rain now and the East side Needs a good rain to keep it going.

Production will be below average this year as another thing I realized is lots more Canola is been seeded by guys on the west side. Lots have over half the farm canola if they dropped lentils or peas. Our area has canola but flax peas lentils etc. Mix.

But canola is a funny plant a huge rain event and the plant will produce not a bumper but produce.

Take a 5000-acre farm on west side 57 285000 bushels on normal last few years drop that to 21 that 105000 bushels or a difference of 180000 bushels less.

Take a flooded farm on the East side with 5000 that may be a guy got an extra 500 back from the flood years so instead of 4500 now it's 5000. But one heavy rain and that can be 4500 again.

5000 x 55 because it's not even and water damage created salt areas so 275000 Normal wet years was 247500 27500 more than normal minus the 180000 drop and canola is short some 152000 bushels out of a normal year.

yes, this is based on just two similar farms on either side of Sask. but the reality is if all else is same and the drought continues we won't produce the 55 and they actually might not get the 21.

Rain is needed for everyone.

Markets reaction. NOTHING it's SUNNY WAYS.

Yea the market knows jack shit.

Here is a few highlights.

Name:	AhftpPWxQtiT7VbOQ3nlQQ.jpg
Size:	95.3 KB
ID:	766494

Name:	4mCpuZlLSYWsxsDuX4iKYQ.jpg
Size:	94.1 KB
ID:	766495

Name:	m+aPB8x4S1uWjfg6D3OfQA.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	89.0 KB
ID:	766496

Comment

Big difference between east and west.

Comment

Storms brewing who will win lotto max tonight

Comment

Got a half inch here today. Not needed, but not running off for once. Good for the crop overall, but bad for the hay I cut Tuesday that won’t dry due to high humidity and zero wind.
                Last edited by Sheepwheat; Jun 22, 2018, 17:06.

Comment

Got 8/10” this evening. Couldn’t ask for better timing. Crops really sucked up a lot of the 5” we got a week and a half back. Forecast looks to cool off a bit by Tuesday so should make moisture last longer. Early seeded stuff ranges from okay to ugly. Later seeded looks great.

Comment

Zero from last night to maybe a spit on some, To the west of me nice shower.

Comment

Drove through you area Wilton yesterday on way to get tractor rims from Gratton Coulee . Things look good through your area. But ya can tell you had some heavy rains through there a while back.
                      Came back through Lloyd . Still lots of water there and I hear a lot more last night in areas there .
                      We got nothing here at farm but rains were circling all around .
                      Through out that whole trip I never seen more than a 1/2 dozen peas crops that are not in big trouble .
                      Best crops in the CutKnife area .. again , good soil and adequate rains . Those are some of the best I’ve seen anywhere.. hands down

Comment

SF ... I found a beauty JD tractor for you ....

Twin 855 Cummins .. no DEF 👍

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                          Drove through you area Wilton yesterday on way to get tractor rims from Gratton Coulee . Things look good through your area. But ya can tell you had some heavy rains through there a while back.
                          Came back through Lloyd . Still lots of water there and I hear a lot more last night in areas there .
                          We got nothing here at farm but rains were circling all around .
                          Through out that whole trip I never seen more than a 1/2 dozen peas crops that are not in big trouble .
                          Best crops in the CutKnife area .. again , good soil and adequate rains . Those are some of the best I’ve seen anywhere.. hands down
                          CutKnife crops looked fabulous right from the start. Some nice country through there. Lots of washouts after the big rain. Some canola got beat up and covered with dirt.

Comment

Wow thank God we were definitely getting close to needing a good rain. 1 inch over two hours

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
                              Wow thank God we were definitely getting close to needing a good rain. 1 inch over two hours
                              We're so happy for you - your crops were obviously really withering in the hot dry conditions. HGAFC.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...