• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New AGCO Fendt Ideal combine unveiled at CFPS

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, and a trip through a rethresher of the returns instead of throwing them in front of the rotor again. Hello 1980's...better do a good job threshing the first time through.

Comment

Better like it..cuz resale will be Zippo at the Red or Green dealers.

Comment

Partners, Yup. Note my comment several posts above.

Comment

I think I will stay green thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
            Oh, and a trip through a rethresher of the returns instead of throwing them in front of the rotor again. Hello 1980's...better do a good job threshing the first time through.
            Farma I think Massey started the rethrasher as a "slinger" in the 60's in 510! Never worked a dam.
            Great idea, even Deere must think all old Massey guys have died and nobody remembers the piece of crap idea?

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
              Farma I think Massey started the rethrasher as a "slinger" in the 60's in 510! Never worked a dam.
              Great idea, even Deere must think all old Massey guys have died and nobody remembers the piece of crap idea?
              Fj, that's before my time but you are right, I remember seeing the rethresher on the old 510s.

We had 850s with them on and if you were harvesting really tough grain or had alot of green crap in the crop the "concaves" on the rethresher door would gum up solid...yeah, fun.

Comment

What new combine puts the returns back in the rotor? Gleaner s87 maybe I guess

Everything is way overenginerded these days

Maybe degelman will build a proper mans combine...big heavy iron

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                  Fj, that's before my time but you are right, I remember seeing the rethresher on the old 510s.

We had 850s with them on and if you were harvesting really tough grain or had alot of green crap in the crop the "concaves" on the rethresher door would gum up solid...yeah, fun.
                  Or grasshoppers 2003

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
                    I remember helping my Dad rebuild the rethrasher on the 510 MF we had. The rethrasher on the 750 MF we had after that was the same piece of junk , just bigger! Ah , the memories. I learned how to run a combine with that old 510.

Comment

I have not heard much about this new combine. What design is different than what is out in the fields now? My cousin had run Massey 850’s and we had IH combines at the time. He always complained about the rethresther as a return. The beaters in the feeder house would wrap doing flax, FUN! I remember him saying that he wished that he had our combine. He switched to Deere after that.There were a lot of Massey 700 and 800 series combines sold at the time. They had a large share of the market at the time.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Wpe4cnQBR3GsKinIicv5gA.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	96.4 KB
ID:	766497

Click image for larger version

Name:	5G3gL2wdReWxF4SQ99Ow3A.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	94.9 KB
ID:	766498

The weak point might be the bolt on flippers on the rotor but easy to change.

Plastic inside the combine for catch trays before the sieves.

Comment

I used a 750 MF for years picking up cereal swaths. Put a good sample in the tank but I referred to the rethreasher as the gravel crusher. Once a small stone got into the return it went around and around until it was crushed fine enough to go in the clean grain. And who can forget the pan under the walkers in hilly conditions. The grain would stall until you crested the hill. Instant pluged alarm for the return. Needless to say the clean grain sieve had to be opened up and the sample wasn’t quite as pretty as the flater ground.

Comment

Fendt looks nice. The paint job is the nicest feature. Looks sexy. all the neighbors will turn away from green with envy

All the decorative plastic is for me.

It made the gleaner s98 Parked nearby look like a child’s play toy.

Comment

does it have Chinese bearings in it?

Comment

The Fendt looks plain ole badass. If batman was a farmer that would be his batmobile forsure. 6.0 bus/sec unload speed is like a big FU to the red and green.
                                Last edited by biglentil; Jun 22, 2018, 20:03.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.