• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Peas

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Peas

I have been careful with the rotation but the peas are ****ed. Roots are pinched brown and woody....just ****ed ....very frustrating because I had been letting them get over the odyssey flash...

That one rain of an inch in ten minutes really ****ed them up when I thought it would pull them through..

Tough lesson but wtf ....next year.

Seems like everytime theres a problem with peas or chem **** up on canola, the word oddysee comes up. Probably not your problem, but personally , i wouldnt put that shit in my sprayer. Sure frustrating for you

Comment

Field on left in trouble , 6 years rotation
      On right is fine ,no issues at all , 7 years

I have now seen 5 pea fields within 4 miles just the past 3 days going down hill
      Frustrating to say the least .
      Always after herbicide application
      This time we did get a rain , the 1.5 in 8-9 days ago .
      Can’t imagine what’s happening in the wet areas ..

Comment

Again , predominantly on wheat stubble
        Green peas seem worse again as well over yellows .

Comment

Sent tissue samples away today from good peas and infected ones .
          Looking to see if there is a manganese difficiency in the infected peas .
          That will tell part of a story .

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post

Field on left in trouble , 6 years rotation
            On right is fine ,no issues at all , 7 years

I have now seen 5 pea fields within 4 miles just the past 3 days going down hill
            Frustrating to say the least .
            Always after herbicide application
            This time we did get a rain , the 1.5 in 8-9 days ago .
            Can’t imagine what’s happening in the wet areas ..
            two years ago we had 39" of rain . fields were never dry all year .never had any trouble or saw anyone have any trouble . there were drowned out spots , but still managed to yield 40-45 after all that . some were under water for a bit but it was in the middle of June after spraying . I think there's a lot more to it than water . we use half rate of pursuit . I can't believe how hard viper is on them . have never used it . some viper fields still yellow a week later. also curious why anyone would grow peas after wheat when you can reverse that rotation and get high protien wheat every time ?

Comment

Raezer Green Peas
              Seeded May 3
              Sprayed with Odyssey Ultra AND RELEAF PULSE P(1 liter per acre) May 23. 4-5 node stage.
              Saw no visual above ground difference in yellowing because of the addition of ReLeaf...disappointed
              4.8 inches of rain in the two weeks following spraying.
              Peas got sick because of too wet (and Odyssey? )
              Still no difference from the ReLeaf
              Field looks better today but still some sick spots, not spreading.
              Rest a decent coloured green.

Solo-----Imazamox
              Viper---- Imazamox and Bentazon
              Odyssey----- Imazamox and Imazethapyr
              Pursuit------Imazethapyr
              Basagran----Bentazon
              Geez not alot of options....three actives combined or alone for broadleaf herbicides in peas.(save group 1 grass control)

Pre emergs? Sencor---"junk"!

Comment

Authority will ease some of that broadleaf pressure.

Comment

I had no yellowing at all after spraying
                  I used Viper with NRG caB ... 10% calcium both fields .
                  A combo that has worked well before
                  I should have tested the disease levels first before seeding
                  These two fields were far enough away from the last time we seeded peas I did not think an issue .
                  Neither field ever showed symptoms before.
                  The good peas , are on a field we’re we has soybeans 2 years ago.
                  I had peas that looked similar to the left ones last year that recovered and still produced 42 bus . Not great , but not a loss. Put a micro nutrient on them last night that contains mn, hopefully that helps .... it did last year , but every year is different. Still very odd we see it so prevalent again After just one rain event and after being so dry in May .

Comment

I have 600 acres that are Basically F#$K3d.

Viper is the problem Healthy awsome best catch ever. Sprayed two to three days before the two-day rain.

A week later yellow then whole field yellow and sick sitting doing nothing look like shit. Nothing a hail storm wouldn't cure.

Sad Paid way to much for the chem and it's awful.

Last year growing peas I'm done donating to BASF,

Comment

Last time that half section saw a pulse was 2013. West half of the field was Lentils, east was peas. Lentils were bad with Schlerotinia peas likely had Mycoshpaerella....but they didn't have these yellow patches like they have now.

Some fields in the area are unaffected and some are a disaster and everything between.

Comment

Whole fields in our area weird

Comment

Sold our left over green pea seed for $9. And before that I had a load at that price. They've had a good premium over yellows, especially after India's tariff bomb shell.

If growing them wasn't hard enough...

Comment

Originally posted by beaverdam View Post
                            Authority will ease some of that broadleaf pressure.
                            Beaverdam, Authority is expensive for what it controls...but we used it before on peas(when I felt rich) and lately have been using it on flax.

Comment

New Christmas jingle.
                              7 years fine
                              6 years in trouble
                              5 pea fields
                              4 miles apart
                              3 days ago
                              2 much trouble
                              and you would have to pay me to grow them.

Still don't understand how India is able to produce pulse crops in monsoons.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...