• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Politicians and payouts, retirement packages, and ????

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Politicians and payouts, retirement packages, and ????

So does anyone or any organization monitor what happens to politicians after they leave office? There are rules while in office and also just plain right and wrong things to do or not while in office, but once your out then what?

Let's just say as a rough example you go to another province borrow mulroneys suitcases and pick up a whole bunch of cash in those suitcases come home and use the cash to win an election. You win and then you give all kinds of favours for the guys that filled the suitcase but the deal was half now half later.
    So after your out and because of the way you ve handled money dealings eyebrows are raised but you still want to collect that money. So I don't know let's say you get a job almost an imaginary job where nothing physical actually is shown to be done. How about something like a consultant job. You can then collect all this money for consulting and who could say you didn't? All these companies that owe you for owning you while in office they want to pay you or you ll pull the plug because even though your out on the outside the others after want the same so you still control it all. So when they want to pay you they say you consulting for them. Even though you have no clue to consult.
    The public would crucify your party if they knew this is why you made such dumb decisions and left a mess.
    So the question is does anyone know if any organization or government independent committee etc watches this sort of thing? This is only an imaginary example there can be all kinds of others like giving people shares in companies giving their families shares and hiring a etc.
    Should it be posted what your Income was before what you owned before and after office? Or is that just how the game is played and so we just accept it happenning and if we are wanting something done let's say as in agriculture as an industry we need to step up and do this kind of thing?
    Is it just the way it is? And if it is why does there need to be these hefty pensions paid by us on top of all of it?

Whatch you talkin bout wheelie????

Brad Wall???

Bill Boyd????

Hahaha but you are right and in reality no one gives a shit...peoples interests should be scrutinized before they run.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
      Whatch you talkin bout wheelie????

Brad Wall???

Bill Boyd????

Hahaha but you are right and in reality no one gives a shit...peoples interests should be scrutinized before they run.
      Actually anyone it just appears to me our democracy has become a front for show me the money. And you shall be rewarded.

Comment

I'm no fan of corruption, which in my eyes is rampant. But how do you attract anyone that possesses a touch of talent without making them live under a microscope from shortly after their born till end of life? I don't think we'll ever get anyone that is skilled if they can't privacy post or pre term. Having said that, maybe if they had to pay income tax and live under the laws that they pass and have a term limit, when they walk away is that when we can let them resume life in privacy?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...
        X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
        You agree to our and by clicking I agree.