• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spraying season

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spraying season

I know spraying always has it's challenges. Wind is always to much..
    Then there is the neighbor who sprays wheat when the wind blows on to your canola..
    They have 30 plus other quarters they could spray..but oh no..
    Happens every yr. From this doink..
    We try hard not to screw there crops..common courtesy..
    Next yr NO..revenge time..

I wouldn't intentionally spray drift a neighbor. We, us and our neighbors, have had mishaps but we never get ignorant with each other. Not everyone can wait for the perfect day and conditions...regardless of the farm size, things happen that keep people off the fields when they should/could be spraying...crop and weed staging, wind, rain, cold, personal commitments, etc...

As I said, we have an understanding...you never know when you might inadvertently/unintentionally "return the favor".

Good luck.

Comment

I m with partners spray them back if they don't axknowlesge the damages. And then send them a bill on top.
      If s the only thing some if thes assholes might get.

Comment

Partners funny you bring this up. I try to be very careful and today got neighbours. Most in our area phone the neighbours and find out varieties etc.

No one goes out of their way to spray a neighbours field.

Remember if you spray the neighbours next year you might not like the results.

Just saying the discussion is best.

Usually its an acre or less.

Again No one intentionally sprays their neighbour.

Comment

Also one little bit of information.

I can't remember a year where someplace on our farm was not effected by a neighbour spraying. It happens and in a year like this, it can happen.

Discuss and work it out.

Comment

I did the best I could.to bad was the response.
            Hard to discuss with people who are never wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post
              I did the best I could.to bad was the response.
              Hard to discuss with people who are never wrong.

Yup I was combining one year and the neighbor was harrowing so I stopped and pointed out the 20 feet on the half mile that they laid down with their new sprayer because the boom width changed....he just shrugged his shoulders. ...WAFC....

Comment

Partners, I do believe you have to make them aware. I also believe that if its a chronic issue it needs a different approach....maybe one with no diplomacy and threats to sue for financial compensation if it pays.

It is not an ongoing problem here

Comment

Partners I hate when this crap happens it is so frustrating....I dont care no one "has to go"....50 km gusts etc you just dont spray. If you are going to you better spray with the booms 18 inches off the ground along the neighbors crop but we know that doesn't happen, have to get to the next 30 quarters....

Comment

Do you guys have to keep exhaustive chemical records date time started time finished wind direction when starting wind when finishing humidity delta T and temp.

Its law here and soon it appears within 48 hours of spraying records have to be submitted to a govt agency been discussed by regulatory bodies.

Dont mind the farmer record keeping but sending every record to gov not sure.

Comment

Oh and of course chems used and batch numbers etc

Comment

With all the tree lines being ripped out to gain almighty acres, it is becoming an issue indeed. Thankfully, I can and will spray my own land any day I want, because I have left the tree lines.

Comment

This is an inversion over a grid road, wind was blowing away from our canola, early in morning, but variable wind, hanging the Infinity/Bison mix above crop and movedClick image for larger version

Name:	canola 2018.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	105.0 KB
ID:	766480?

Happens to us EVERY year, not same people, but all have many acres, too little time, hurry tired etc.
                          In 50 years I can not remember causing others crop loss.
                          Oh ya, see the crop seeded with a WORTHLESS 5710 at 4lbs/acre...

Comment

Originally posted by malleefarmer View Post
                            Do you guys have to keep exhaustive chemical records date time started time finished wind direction when starting wind when finishing humidity delta T and temp.

Its law here and soon it appears within 48 hours of spraying records have to be submitted to a govt agency been discussed by regulatory bodies.

Dont mind the farmer record keeping but sending every record to gov not sure.
                            Sounds like Europe. My guess for Canada would be there are zero regulations on this. I always chuckle when guys here talk about being "over regulated"

Comment

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post
                              With all the tree lines being ripped out to gain almighty acres, it is becoming an issue indeed. Thankfully, I can and will spray my own land any day I want, because I have left the tree lines.
                              It was telling after that storm came through - guesstimate 3" in less than an hour. Real issues on some big pieces of this rolling farmland where trees have been removed and soil degraded. Three quarter fields where the whole surface moved leaving 4 feet drifts of litter/topsoil in roadside ditches and nearly washed some roads out. Land in forage or pasture suffered minimal impact in terms of runoff of soil or water. Yet the industry promoted, Government subsidized system is the one resulting in the most damage. Time for a rethink?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.