• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Our wheat markets will be done.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How the **** did this get found??? I call bull shit. Next we have to all buy new seed. There'll an extra 10 000 govt inspectors running around the countryside testing everyone. Either the seed industry or govt needed a crisis for job justification and expansion of role. And to be honest who cares. Anyone that's ate a Dorito or a commercially prepared meal has consumed gmos, it's not like the roundup gene is toxic or life expectancy would be decreasing

Comment

Who the **** is looking for wheat plants in ditches?
      Who the **** is spraying ditches with glyphosate to notice the wheat didn't die?

$mells fishy...

Bullshit?

Comment

Round up ready wheat was grown under irrigation....I don't think they found the guys that kepthe a few bushels and never will. ...they blamed farmers for tiffid flax when it was the breeder that did it...

Same with contracting land for seed trials ....how hard would it be to keep a bushel or two. ?

Let me connect the dots. ...highly subsidized farmers are always the most ethical. ..right....is that enough of a clue.....

Comment

Can't say I've ever seen wheat growing in a ditch... that's some pernicious weed if it can get going in a grass ditch.

How long before we have roundup ready wheat all due to mother nature anyway? In the areas still dabbling in chemfallow, roundup is sprayed 3 or 4 times to go after volunteers. It's not a stretch to imagine that one of these times the stars will align, and voila, roundup ready wheat. It'll seed out and if wheat is plugged into it the next year, and then worst case scenario, it's the bin selected to clean for seed... next thing you know its everywhere. It's happened with kochia. I've heard of group 9 resistant wild oats as well.

Comment

Feed is 6 bucks and #1 6.50 and they want to screw us more. Sick

Comment

Me and another guy were the first cases of club root in sask. Idk the other guy but the mother ****ing manipulative **** suckers that actually found it tried their absolute damndest to get me to report it to sask ag and food..... and it was land they were renting and I wasn't. This has seed company written all over it. Someone likely paid a bunch of summer students to go looking for shit and they found it. Now being that they are trying to duck liability, they are doing due diligence by reporting this "event" to the proper govt agency which now discloses the event for the "public good" .... a "pipeline spill" per say. When industry does it the farmer pays and if a farmer unknowingly finds it they seize all grain and can't sell a bushel. Ruining him financially to save the system.

Comment

Originally posted by macdon02 View Post
                Me and another guy were the first cases of club root in sask. Idk the other guy but the mother ****ing manipulative **** suckers that actually found it tried their absolute damndest to get me to report it to sask ag and food..... and it was land they were renting and I wasn't. This has seed company written all over it. Someone likely paid a bunch of summer students to go looking for shit and they found it. Now being that they are trying to duck liability, they are doing due diligence by reporting this "event" to the proper govt agency which now discloses the event for the "public good" .... a "pipeline spill" per say. When industry does it the farmer pays and if a farmer unknowingly finds it they seize all grain and can't sell a bushel. Ruining him financially to save the system.
                ths will be great for certified seed wheat sales

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                  Who the **** is looking for wheat plants in ditches?
                  Who the **** is spraying ditches with glyphosate to notice the wheat didn't die?

$mells fishy...

Bullshit?
                  Agreed , common sense says this is pure B/S

Comment

Originally posted by macdon02 View Post
                    like, like

Comment

Farma you nailed it, ditches OMG - impossible!

Japan is suspending purchases

Class action lawsuit against those who developed and had test plots

Comment

Either this story or “news release “ is not factual or this is simply wrong
                        I have driven all over western Canada as have many of you on here . Never ever once have I seen “wheat” growing in a ditch .. ever.
                        Also never seen where round up was sprayed in a ditch . Maybe by accident from an over application along a field edge .
                        But this story puts these two together and causes a potentially massive hit to Canadian wheat markets ???? This stinks worse than a skunk

Comment

Is this a case of CFIA work8ng for farmers?

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                            Either this story or “news release “ is not factual or this is simply wrong
                            I have driven all over western Canada as have many of you on here . Never ever once have I seen “wheat” growing in a ditch .. ever.
                            Also never seen where round up was sprayed in a ditch . Maybe by accident from an over application along a field edge .
                            But this story puts these two together and causes a potentially massive hit to Canadian wheat markets ???? This stinks worse than a skunk
                            Totally agree and if there was a rouge plant, wheat or any other who would call in the CFIA?

Maybe there is too much resistance to reclassification of CWRS and see that there is no way of controlling X contamination so they are getting us ready to purge the system like they did with flax and have farmers buy all new seed.

Comment

I will admit to having seen not only wheat growing in ditches, but several times have seen where ditches have been sprayed with glyph. Especially happens where there are power poles and guys are trying to not leave the area between the pole and the road unsprayed. I have one neighbor in particular, who sprays the ditches all the time, and seeds right into them.

So to be frank, I see this as credible. I am surprised that some say this is bs. Not trying to be a jack wagon at all here. Just telling the truth of my experience...

Who would have called it in? Many organic guys would.
                              Last edited by Sheepwheat; Jun 15, 2018, 08:02.

Comment

Originally posted by wmoebis View Post
                                Totally agree and if there was a rouge plant, wheat or any other who would call in the CFIA?

Maybe there is too much resistance to reclassification of CWRS and see that there is no way of controlling X contamination so they are getting us ready to purge the system like they did with flax and have farmers buy all new seed.
                                It worked out pretty well on the triffid flax issue ....testing every 5000 bushels at farmers expense and forcing them to buy new seed from the very ****ing guys that created the problem.

But watching things over the past 30 years ..its pretty easy to figure out why it happens....guys are always looking for the "edge" to get ahead and **** their neighbours in the process....

Meanwhile retailers, chemical companies, railways etc all work together to continue to extract the most they can out of these go getters ....in the name of success.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.