• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grazing Rates

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grazing Rates

What's the highest rates you have heard people are actually paying for grazing?

Originally posted by clayrwilliams View Post
    What's the highest rates you have heard people are actually paying for grazing?
    Some reliable reports from around me have pairs at $1.90 up to $2.10 per day.

Comment

Originally posted by smcgrath76 View Post
      Holy moly! is that the "Alberta Advantage"?

Comment

Heard crazy talk like that too. Sounds nuts but if cash rent $50+. That’s $8000 a qtr. A quarter if it handles 25 to 30 pairs. You do the math. Some land all it’s good for is pasture but lots could be farmed.

Comment

Why is it everytime an ag sector becomes profitable farmers choose to eliminate that profit margin by spending more? Just gotta bid things up so the neighbour doesnt get ahead I guess?

Calf prices have been good last few years but looking like they might be down a bit this fall, bred cows were $2500 and hay $80 to $100 a bale this winter here. Now add $2 grass??

I think most grass here is in the $1 or a bit higher area, but not much pasture left that could be farmed, likely the other way around, lots broke up last 10yrs that shouldnt have been.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...
          X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
          You agree to our and by clicking I agree.