• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wheat Rally

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wheat Rally

The last two days, large increases on the MGEX closing near it's highs with little retreat to the lower end of it's daily trading range. What does that indicate going forward for the next couple of days or the rest of the week. Did southern Great Plains have frost damage. Late seeding in the northern plains?

Anyone care to comment

Edit: probably some wrong terminology, "retracement".
    Last edited by farmaholic; Apr 9, 2018, 15:51.

If you still have snow in Minnesota and dakotas for another week or two your going to give up on wheat and do something else.

Cold here cold south next two weeks will say 9 lives gone and dead or it got lucky

Comment

News from the CME on what is driving wheat, soy and corn futures higher.

Click to see latest futures prices http://www.farms.com/markets/ http://www.farms.com/markets/

Comment

I was somewhat surprised and wrong when MWK dipped below 5.95 recently. So, I won't guess too wildly.
        MW is the follower and was really still retracing last summer's ramp up till now.
        Kansas chart structure is the best and is saying volatility with a good chance to retain recent gains and move to match last summer's high. Todays high of 5.2875 in KEK could see prices move 10% on either side of that number in the near future.
        Chicago wheat chart is positive too, but has a lot more resistance above.

For the first time in a while SK HRS bids have a better basis built in even though cash offers were a little lower last week. $7 for #1 13.5 in Stoon area today. July delivery. Back on March 15 I was thinking $7.20 then threw it out. Now might have to go look where I threw it.

Comment

I let it go, I'm done. Just a bit left.

I thought I was too old for premature speculation, I got so excited I unloaded most of my stocks.

LOL ;-)
          Last edited by farmaholic; Apr 9, 2018, 15:58.

Comment

When does overnight trading start.....

See what happens, what happens over the next week will determine the degree of seller's remorse I will suffer from.

Comment

First bid should post about 6:15

Never mind. Move on. Time to plan the next big crop

Comment

Originally posted by farming101 View Post
                First bid should post about 6:15

Never mind. Move on. Time to plan the next big crop
                Where's the fun in that?

Comment

Exports out of Eastern Europe/ Russia are going down, I’m wondering if they are out and next big harvest is the USA, or that’s the easiest place to make a paper hedge?

Plus weather

Comment

Wheat got itself out of the basement.

Comment

Looks like its about to make a moonshot! If it breaks out of the 640 region buckle up.

Comment

Is it a little early to think the market has the same potential as it did last July? SF3 thinks its too late, I don't think so. The whole country side can't be and won't be 90 day barley and polish canola, lol.

I had to almost beg the buyer to trigger my wheat contract. They are at a premium to alot of other Co's for the specified delivery period....i doubt even they know where its going and said they are long a lot of tonnes at their premium price.

Maybe this time I will eat my words and preprice production that isn't even seeded and take my chances on delivering below spec. Talk is cheap, that's why I do so much of it.

Comment

Originally posted by wiseguy
                          Talk is cheap !

Show me the money !

Gerry !
                          Jerry Maguire or Gerry Ritz?

Gerry Butts?

Comment

MGEX resting and catching it's breath overnight?

Comment

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.