• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

fuel prices?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fuel prices?

All the experts seem to be predicting rising fuel prices. The general consensus is $1 a liter by summer and probably a permanent cost of over 90 cents for the next year or so.
    Now the price right now in Red Deer Alta. is 73.9 cents so when it goes to a buck we have a 26% increase.
    Of course this will have an impact on just about everything we do so we can expect increases in just about everything we buy?
    Do you think you will get a 26% increase in your income to cover the cost? How much will this extra cost add to the price of a bushel of wheat or barley?

That is just a minor thing ask ralph and he says that what is good for Alta( aka the tory party) is good for them is good for us.
    I wonder what the profit margin is on oil to the producers I bet it is a whole lot more than we make farming or ever did or will.
    I have a brother working pipelining his take for the day is App 320 wages 90 subsistance 75 truck and he says that is a cheap outfit. Plus benifits? Sounds pretty good and if any thing breaks down its someone elses problem now if there was enough jobs to go around it would be nice.

Comment

It kind of irks me when Ralph Klein rubs his hands with glee whenever oil or gas prices go up! He sort of has this attitude "Whoopee look at all the money we are going to make"? And then I get my gas bill...
      Now if I was benifitting directly from price spikes then that would be just peachy but it seems this windfall of profits just goes into the blackhole of government(you know doctors, teachers,theCATTLE INDUSTRY)? Too bad it wasn't like in Alaska where everybody gets a check?
      With all this super high oil money how come everyone in Alberta isn't benifitting? And don't get me wrong here because I am getting some benifits, without a doubt! But how about the average guy not involved in oil/gas? I know we have the so called"Alberta Advantage" that the tories like to trot out but I'm beginning to wonder if it shouldn't be labeled the"Alberta Disadvantage" at times?

Comment

Cowman

Our provincial budget is fast approaching 75% of it being on Social services, health care and education. This is where we were when the big cuts were made in the early 90's. To many of these people on the public tit only know more money makes them happier. It doesn't make the tax payer happy but since it is all coming out of the ground they don't care.

Our society has lost all reason and only think of themselves when it comes to sociatal needs. Don't get me wrong, there are excellent, teachers, nurses and doctors but put them in that group hers mentally and they all bellor mooore.

If fuel prices do hit $1.00/litre then you will see a lot less farmers on the road as I won't be able to drive my 25 year old pickup truck around. Who knows it might be the best thing for the health care system as I will have to get in shape riding my bicycle although it doesn't have a plug in for my cell phone.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...