• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pea Processing all the rage

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pea Processing all the rage

Processing peas (or any pulse) into individual ingredients seems to be gaining traction. Some plants in production and more planned and proposed. Does anyone know what the individual components are worth?
    What is a gram of pea protein worth?
    Starch?
    Fiber?
    The Big Turk may be able to retire after all!

If you subsidize it, they will come. Have a little fun on supercluster funding. Why not? Every ones doing it. There likely is a market for some product but not the output from all the announced plants. 4 in total by my count.

Comment

The big Turk is an optimistic fella, every time I hear him speak we are just getting started, scratching the surface or on the verge of an industry breakthrough on new products and innovations. I hope he is right and I hope the funding gets put to good use because I think this could be a big deal for the pulse industry.

Comment

Govt is investing 950 million into 5 plants.They will brag this up and call it a subsidy for agriculture
        Dosent benefit the farmer very little at this point.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...
        X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
        You agree to our and by clicking I agree.