• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you tell the difference between a farmer and a rancher? Baxter Black Explains

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you tell the difference between a farmer and a rancher? Baxter Black Explains

I saw this video and it made me smile....I thought everyone could use a chuck thanks to Baxter.

Are you a farmer or a rancher?

Thanks,

Joe

Always enjoy his work, even though I'm a "Farmer" and definitely not a "Rancher". My rope would have more knots in it than my grandmother's crochet, macrame, or knitting projects!

Are you a Framcher or Farmcher if you're both?

Comment

Got 500 cows and some grain acres and definitely a “farmer “ here. Only horses on the place are Japanese quarterhorses which are named Yamaha 😎

Comment

Wow do I now have an identity crisis. We only drive pickups and semis here. Cars verboten. SUVs are just for the Saskfarmer3 types. I wear a cowboy hat working in the sun but a "seed" hat driving. Don't go to flea markets much anymore as those "picker" shows have everyone antiquing. Used to work cows lots while horseback, but as for roping, the rope on my saddle hurt my hand more times than ever catching a critter. After rotator cuff surgery, forget throwing a rope anyway, the only thing I can throw now is a fit. Rope only has one knot (honda) but my back is loaded with knots from too long in machinery seats.

Comment

Always considered myself a farmer, most of my life is controlled by four legged creatures so maybe more of a rancher. For whatever reason every time I hear someone call them self a Rancher I picture a guy with 4 acres on the city limits with 2 horses a cow and a couple chickens.

As for roping, my wife laughs at me everytime I pick one up cause the only way I can get it on is to run the cow along the fence and set it over her head as she runs by then wrap it around a post quick. I watched a Mexican roping show off horseback in January, some guys are amazing just not me!

Comment

My screen name implies I am a rancher and I can sit a horse well but I’m more of a mixed operator than anything. When I was younger I thought those chop bucket chasers were a poor excuse for cow handlers now I am guilty of that too. Tried to be more of cowboy than I really was. Age grounds you in reality lol.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...