Metalfor New Sprayer & Combine deal.

Commodity Marketing

Tools

Metalfor New Sprayer & Combine deal.

Klause's Avatar Mar 12, 2018 | 22:09 1 Keep in mind inflation in Argentina is about 20%. 4 years @ 7.5 % is a negative rate. Currently prime rate is 15%.
Name:  FB_IMG_1520913946912.jpg
Views: 920
Size:  38.9 KB

This is the page for the new sprayer. They want to start selling here. It's English.
http://metalfor.com.ar/en/project/multiple-7040/

Tracks optional.
Name:  maxresdefault.jpg
Views: 906
Size:  97.6 KB Reply With Quote
blackpowder's Avatar Mar 13, 2018 | 08:17 2 I find it interesting that theyve had to develop their own equip lines. Some kind of isolation like russia i geuss? Reply With Quote
Mar 13, 2018 | 11:46 3
Quote Originally Posted by blackpowder View Post
I find it interesting that theyve had to develop their own equip lines. Some kind of isolation like russia i geuss?
Or there’s money to be made producing a much cheaper product. If equipment keeps going to the moon it could happen here as well. Reply With Quote
Mar 13, 2018 | 15:56 4 This is a good thing. As long as the product is good. Doesn’t matter how much the Deere and Case guys spin there deals there prices are out to lunch. Just ridiculous how the prices have escalated. We shud be getting 20 bucks for canola and 15 bucks for wheat with the inflation in machinery. Reply With Quote
Mar 13, 2018 | 16:07 5 Lots of good used machinery out there Reply With Quote
Mar 13, 2018 | 16:12 6 Will be interesting to see how U.S. farmers make out in court ..
https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2017/mar/06/nebraska-farmers-right-to-repair-john-deere-apple

Thanks for posting this thread Klause, good to see other manufacturers in the game .
Would have to agree farmjunkie Reply With Quote
Mar 13, 2018 | 17:48 7 We are keeping more of our good older used machinery that we know around the farm. Having more tractors means we put less hours on the newer more expensive ones. Example why use fancy new tracked tractor on grain cart or harrows when a good older unit will do the same job. And older units will run drills if need be Reply With Quote
Mar 13, 2018 | 19:14 8 Looks like a Versatile rt490. Reply With Quote
Mar 13, 2018 | 20:04 9 'Lots of good used machinery out there"

Exactly, and do any of you honestly think this equipment would ever get to be considered "good used machinery"

How many of those older used Belarus and Dons are still around farm yards being used?

You get what you pay for! Reply With Quote
Klause's Avatar Mar 13, 2018 | 20:24 10
Quote Originally Posted by foragefarmer View Post
'Lots of good used machinery out there"

Exactly, and do any of you honestly think this equipment would ever get to be considered "good used machinery"

How many of those older used Belarus and Dons are still around farm yards being used?

You get what you pay for!

Argentina isn't Russia....

Equipment gets used for much longer and holds valur much longer down there.

ie. This Don Roque (Vasalli's smaller conventional combines) with 5000/ 4500 hours.
https://www.agroads.com.ar/detalle.asp?clasi=499781

It's not unusual to find tractors with 25,000 hours and combines with 10,000-15,000... And not all that old year wise.

One of the perks of a never ending growing season.... When your combine and seeder run almost every month of the year you get far better value out of them. Reply With Quote
Mar 13, 2018 | 20:35 11
Quote Originally Posted by Klause View Post
Argentina isn't Russia....

Equipment gets used for much longer and holds valur much longer down there.

ie. This Don Roque (Vasalli's smaller conventional combines) with 5000/ 4500 hours.
https://www.agroads.com.ar/detalle.asp?clasi=499781

It's not unusual to find tractors with 25,000 hours and combines with 10,000-15,000... And not all that old year wise.

One of the perks of a never ending growing season.... When your combine and seeder run almost every month of the year you get far better value out of them.
And I know of guys who trade off combines with 140h lol I still think cheapest way is buy slightly used and run for 5-10 years. Reply With Quote
Mar 13, 2018 | 21:01 12 "Argentina isn't Russia.... "

Very true, not hard to be Communist built garbage. I'll stick with equipment I can get parts for, especially during seeding and harvest.

Time is money in my books regarding my farm. I would rather buy good used North American equipment than risking it on new foreign equipment. But to each their own. Reply With Quote
Klause's Avatar Mar 13, 2018 | 22:04 13 Bgmb and foragefarmer:

It really doesn't matter what y'all run. Argentina is a huge and growing export competitor... When their iron and freight is less than half of ours who will survive low prices or low demand longer?

Kinda what I'm getting at here... Reply With Quote
Mar 13, 2018 | 22:09 14 May interest you that Cdn dollar = 15.6 Argentine Peso today. Peso coin kinda like toonie in picture-not sure the actual size. Reply With Quote
farmaholic's Avatar Mar 13, 2018 | 22:42 15
Quote Originally Posted by foragefarmer View Post
"Argentina isn't Russia.... "

Very true, not hard to be Communist built garbage. I'll stick with equipment I can get parts for, especially during seeding and harvest.

Time is money in my books regarding my farm. I would rather buy good used North American equipment than risking it on new foreign equipment. But to each their own.
Amen forage

or at least North American supported foreign equipment. Agco has stuff coming from all over, I believe every other North American brand has something coming from offshore as well but at least it's supported domestically. Although I have heard some rumor-mill horror stories about Iveco and Sisu replacement engine availability. Who knows what all else..... It's a world market and the world is alot smaller than it used to be. Reply With Quote
Mar 14, 2018 | 05:16 16 Womdet what the price of
Energy is there? Fuel and electricity?
That's part of the problem here to start with. All this oil everywhere and we can't use that crazy cheap right here? Our economy would explode if we had half price fuel as other nations. Not to mention since our size of country is so vast what a difference it would mean for all of us.

Instead some are so glossy eyed over oil being stupid price so some could have a stupid high paying job but the real growth would be if it were exactly reverse of what is happenning. Reply With Quote
Mar 14, 2018 | 06:37 17 Well Klause we have versatile sprayers and combines here if you think cheaper equipment is the answer. At the end of the day if i spend 400,000k on a combine and plan to keep it for 5 years put 1200 hours on it all that matters is what those hours cost in terms of repairs and depreciation and how many $$ worth of grain it combined which would be around 6 million. I dont see where 150,000 usd for mini sized 250hp combine is a deal still needs a man and repairs. Reply With Quote
Mar 14, 2018 | 06:45 18 Big Wheel, interesting take, you know while oil was spiking, (anything over $100 a barrel) I knew right then that everything was going to get thrown out of whack. Environmentalists spent all their time thinking of how they could nail big oil, the rest of the world dreamt up a "green" plot to extort the wealth from the West, billions and billions $ were poured into fuel-saving ideas, cars, insulation, even light bulbs. Some were even burning grain to stay warm. Can you imagine a world where oil had stayed in that $37/barrel range and we never had to go through this phase? What a monster we created! Reply With Quote
Mar 14, 2018 | 06:57 19
Quote Originally Posted by bgmb View Post
Well Klause we have versatile sprayers and combines here if you think cheaper equipment is the answer. At the end of the day if i spend 400,000k on a combine and plan to keep it for 5 years put 1200 hours on it all that matters is what those hours cost in terms of repairs and depreciation and how many $$ worth of grain it combined which would be around 6 million. I dont see where 150,000 usd for mini sized 250hp combine is a deal still needs a man and repairs.
Well for $400,000 here in Canada your getting what ? Class 6 , maybe a great deal on a new class 7 ?
Klause was simply giving us info , seems to be a horrible thing to do on this site lol Reply With Quote
SASKFARMER3's Avatar Mar 14, 2018 | 07:02 20 BMG you really are not getting this equipment thing are you.

We are getting totally screwed on equipment.

Hell i could buy what 7 or 8 of these instead of three Deere and probably finish harvesting two weeks ahead of what i am now.

Equipment is a joke in North America and as long as guys fly the flag of Boy scouts and dont open their eyes to reality we cant compete in todays ag when Eastern Europe and South america are handing us our lunch. Reply With Quote
farmaholic's Avatar Mar 14, 2018 | 07:04 21 Furrow, no need to defend Klausterphobia, I think he can defend himself, and does. I think we are all aware of the "Golden Goose" primary Ag production has become in Western Canada and how it's milked to the max.

Is it reset time? Reply With Quote
Mar 14, 2018 | 07:06 22 No, just presenting another aide of an argument its called a debate and its possible to learn and change minds with debate. Including my own mind at times I have been known to change it...... Point is i can run my farm just a cheap buying at ritchie bros or bringing in used from the states which at times is very cheap. Reply With Quote
Mar 14, 2018 | 07:17 23
Quote Originally Posted by bgmb View Post
No, just presenting another aide of an argument its called a debate and its possible to learn and change minds with debate. Including my own mind at times I have been known to change it...... Point is i can run my farm just a cheap buying at ritchie bros or bringing in used from the states which at times is very cheap.
Yup agreed on used equipment.
Not defending, just pointing out that sharing ideas gets one pounded into the ground on here once in a while. Reply With Quote
SASKFARMER3's Avatar Mar 14, 2018 | 07:19 24 Used from the USA were looking at a home right now and were adding 60000 to price so equipment would also be same im thinking wouldn't it.

Reality is in North America were getting screwed every day.

Prime example i get home and stop for a morning bite for the wife and me as we cross the border in canada. I go to usual place get a meal and wife and its 21.00 same thing in Florida was 8 even with exchange same place buying were getting screwed .

Welcome to Canada were it maybe isn't as perfect as some pretend. Reply With Quote
SASKFARMER3's Avatar Mar 14, 2018 | 07:23 25 Dont get me wrong im not trying to be confrontational but you have to admit equipment is insane priced in Canada.

A auger 50000 a harrow 100000 a house 750000.

We need a reset and unfortunately it won't happen till farmers wake up and sad part it might be to late then. Reply With Quote
Mar 14, 2018 | 07:28 26 Right now there is not much savings on tractors and combines out of the states but at times it is HUGE certain things almost 2 for the price of one on used stuff. Reply With Quote
Mar 14, 2018 | 07:38 27 Sk3

"Hell i could buy what 7 or 8 of these instead of three Deere and probably finish harvesting two weeks ahead of what i am now. "

Who are you trying to B.S on here? You make a lot of noise but never follow through, besides you love posting pictures on Agriville of that JD equipment. Reply With Quote
blackpowder's Avatar Mar 14, 2018 | 09:27 28 Have a Steiger that turns 22 this year. At its half life for hours. Parts and service 25 mins away.
Nuff said. Reply With Quote
Mar 14, 2018 | 10:45 29 Still using a 1993 Case 9270 . Still should have lots of life left .
It is neat to see other equipment from other countries and the fact that an actual equipment manufacturer has identified that the Argentine Ag sector may be suffering a slow down and is actually offering new machinery at a discount. I don’t think that’s ever happened in North America. Reply With Quote
farmaholic's Avatar Mar 14, 2018 | 11:45 30
Quote Originally Posted by wiseguy View Post
They price fix equipment in sask !
........only? Reply With Quote