• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can the planet feed 10 billion interesting read for farmers and consumers

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can the planet feed 10 billion interesting read for farmers and consumers

http://www.afr.com/business/agriculture/can-this-planet-feed-10-billion-people-20180219-h0waof

Not sarcastic but how many die from starvation right now? Is that starvation b cause there is no food or no money for those people starving?

How much is waisted that could be used to feed the hungry?

Can this even be calculated?

When I think of these things I wonder how the heck can there be hungry people in saskatchewan when we export billions in food?

Comment

McDonald’s in USA is doing their part I had a water and breakfast sandwich $ 2.00 even on food stamps Americans shouldn’t go hungry.

Now I’ll put on my farmer hat hahahaha hahahah

This shit just keeps coming up to get us idiots to grow more for same price as 1900z

Comment

If those without money in the world had money to buy food, there could be a food shortage but until that happens there is more than enough food to feed those with money.

This horse has been beaten to death for how many decades now, but farmers keep increasing yields hoping there is a major crop failure or disaster elsewhere.

Comment

Have you seen the latest product at Costco. ..doomsday kits of food...enough for a year for 4....and shelf life of 30 years....

And yet there are starving people in the world...

It's been said for 50 years how are we going to feed 10 billion people....

NO one ****ing cares...

Trudeau could have donate the value of those costume to food aid instead of being a moron....

Comment

They always tell us to grow more.
            But the fricken rail way can't or will not move more. Talking to the wrong group..

Comment

Man made global warming, food shortage scams go hand in hand follow the money.
              Last edited by binthere; Mar 11, 2018, 09:08.

Comment

There is no food shortage in the world. ....none.

Trudeau could send the entire crop of pulses from Canada to starving countries....he chooses not to.

He could leave the money in Canada. ..just by paying farmers here....

Comment

I believe feeding the world is far more hand to mouth than we realize, the problem is complacency and being comfortable living hand to mouth. If there was ever a huge disruption is supply caused by some natural out of our control phenomenon that reduced supplies going forward it would show just how precarious the balance actually is. Even without any food waste or spoilage.... how many "days" would that buy us...

Maybe 101 can show us a yearly world supply and demand chart, or stocks to use chart.

Steady as she goes until something huge upsets the routine.

With zero production, or maybe even severly reduced production, I think world stocks are measured in DAYS not years...

Think about it.

Comment

Its all available at costco.....no problem.

Or you can overpay for food at any fine Weston family grocery....lol

There is no food shortage....just no willing participants to do anything but write a cheque to dictators ... that hasn't fed anyone yet.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                      Have you seen the latest product at Costco. ..doomsday kits of food...enough for a year for 4....and shelf life of 30 years....

And yet there are starving people in the world...

It's been said for 50 years how are we going to feed 10 billion people....

NO one ****ing cares...

Trudeau could have donate the value of those costume to food aid instead of being a moron....

How much does a Doomsday Kit cost at Costco?

Comment

Only in New Mexico and Arizona?

Comment

up to 6000 dollars....canned lentils ....how about that

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                            I believe feeding the world is far more hand to mouth than we realize, the problem is complacency and being comfortable living hand to mouth. If there was ever a huge disruption is supply caused by some natural out of our control phenomenon that reduced supplies going forward it would show just how precarious the balance actually is. Even without any food waste or spoilage.... how many "days" would that buy us...

Maybe 101 can show us a yearly world supply and demand chart, or stocks to use chart.

Steady as she goes until something huge upsets the routine.

With zero production, or maybe even severly reduced production, I think world stocks are measured in DAYS not years...

Think about it.
                            We all know Vancouver and west coast sits on a major fault. It is just when it happens. East shipments have mostly been done away with.

Comment

Wmoebis

Yup ....on Rocky Mountain railway program highlighted the containers coming into Vancouver destined to Toronto.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...