• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

the irony of science

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the irony of science

Been thinking ...imagine that..lol.

So the science is clear about using methyl bromide is bad for the environment and really is ineffective against bugs we don't have below 5 degrees. And it doesn't work below that temperature. India ignores that science and can't be convinced to use another fumigant.

On the other hand I am told to believe science in regards to climate change when there are some red flags in my thought process.

1. The accuracy of measuring devices is not the same compared to 100 years ago.
    While discussing this at the home farm where there is both an old mercury thermometer and a new digital one and comparing results ...its easy to find half a degree difference.

2. Mankind"s measurements are a millisecond in the whole scheme of things.

3. Why does the local newscast always provide records for the day that go back 75 years. Seems odd that if it was this cold or warm on this day that long ago its pretty hard to find a warming or cooling trend.

Just some thoughts for a saturday morning.

But the question remains ....why is one science rammed down our throats as the gospel....and the other science that is proven ...ignored?

Whatever numbers fit the narrative to push an agenda will be used.

The agenda clearly is bigger governments (especially at the U.N. level) and also a distribution of wealth beyween countries and from private sector to government.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post

So the science is clear about using methyl bromide is bad for the environment and really is ineffective against bugs we don't have below 5 degrees. And it doesn't work below that temperature. India ignores that science and can't be convinced to use another fumigant.

On the other hand I am told to believe science in regards to climate change when there are some red flags in my thought process.

While discussing this at the home farm where there is both an old mercury thermometer and a new digital one and comparing results ...its easy to find half a degree difference.

3. Why does the local newscast always provide records for the day that go back 75 years. Seems odd that if it was this cold or warm on this day that long ago its pretty hard to find a warming or cooling trend.

But the question remains ....why is one science rammed down our throats as the gospel....and the other science that is proven ...ignored?

Answer to Bucket: Because "science" has become a political tool to legitimize propaganda. Sort of reminds me of how some "cowboys" trick, coral and slaughter wild horses.

Comment

Follow the money!

Comment

2. Mankind"s measurements a
          re a millisecond in the whole scheme of things.

Do not question the sheepherders/scammers

Do not question the sheepherder/scammers
          And musn’t use the word mankind !

Comment

1. The accuracy of measuring devices continues to improve no doubt. Unless you suspect the thermometers of 100 years ago consistently either under or over-estimated there is no issue.
            2. True enough but at the same time our human lifetimes are usually measured in spans of 90 years or less and so these are the time frames that our societies must deal with for their very survival.
            3. Entertainment - and only in North America from my experience. Never seen anyone claiming these represent climatic changes, nor could they as one day doesn't represent a trend.

Comment

It's like this fact.
              Scientists said for decades that the adelie penguin population in Antarctica was in decline due to climate change. Suddenly scientists find the decline with a 1.5 million super colony of the birds on an island chain off the continent. Apparently, climate change didn't affect the island chain, only the continent.

At least scientists didn't hide the measurement. It just moved away from where they had been looking.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...