• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This won't be good

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This won't be good

https://www.producer.com/2018/03/anhydrous-spraying-jeopardy-spring/?module=carousel&pgtype=homepage&i=1/?

Western Producer Editor missed a big mistake on the title.....

Comment

This makes no sense to me. Its **** all to do a visual on an ammonia tank. Hydro test is pretty simple too. Should be lots of time to bring tanks up to speed before spring of it comes to that.

Comment

A non-tariff barrier that protects one Canadian company that backfires.

US tanks built by the 10's of thousands aren't stress relieved.

Soon to be scrap metal if north of 49.

Probably protects about 20 jobs.

Comment

Originally posted by bgmb View Post
          This makes no sense to me. Its **** all to do a visual on an ammonia tank. Hydro test is pretty simple too. Should be lots of time to bring tanks up to speed before spring of it comes to that.
          Visual yes but the change in hydro cycle automatically puts at least 40% of the fleet out of cycle. It is relatively simple to do a hydro, although it does take time, IF THE TANK IS EMPTY. Where exactly are you going to put the ammonia that is stored in 40% of the fleet while a needless hydro is run between now and spring? It ain't gonna happen.

This is about Transport defending its turf and the industry dropping the ball. In the end CPS will crank the margin up a few points and farmers will pay like sheep. There's nobody left to advocate for common sense in the industry. 20 years ago WFCD and its successor CAAR filled that role but the fire has gone out of their belly - too many stuffed suits and not enough life experience around that board table now. There hasn't been a strong advocacy group for farmers as long as I've been around the industry but it used to be the case that a lot of the front line retails were either also farmers or very closely connected to the farm. That is no longer true.

Comment

Originally posted by bobofthenorth View Post
            Visual yes but the change in hydro cycle automatically puts at least 40% of the fleet out of cycle. It is relatively simple to do a hydro, although it does take time, IF THE TANK IS EMPTY. Where exactly are you going to put the ammonia that is stored in 40% of the fleet while a needless hydro is run between now and spring? It ain't gonna happen.

This is about Transport defending its turf and the industry dropping the ball. In the end CPS will crank the margin up a few points and farmers will pay like sheep. There's nobody left to advocate for common sense in the industry. 20 years ago WFCD and its successor CAAR filled that role but the fire has gone out of their belly - too many stuffed suits and not enough life experience around that board table now. There hasn't been a strong advocacy group for farmers as long as I've been around the industry but it used to be the case that a lot of the front line retails were either also farmers or very closely connected to the farm. That is no longer true.
            I am sure they will figure out a way to hydro test the tanks if need be. Most dealers do their own. I dont see a problem. Get a truck empty amd start testing tanks one by one

Comment

This is akin to a farmer getting rain the forst 2 weeks of may. Ok now we have to run hard for a week to catch up no big deal.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...