• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ive tried Statistically

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ive tried Statistically

Always enjoy all views all points of opinion.

Was thinking about crime in NA versus australia and in general seem we have slightly less crime in oz but less population different demographics etc etc.

Some central american countries are bad.

But really seems we have less rural crime, maybe you have more people per sq mile more farmers and bigger cities nearby perhaps.
    We have indigenous missions we call them you call them rez.

Weve discussed it before i have a 16000 litre diesel tank which up until a month or so ago was unlocked.
    We go away for days and dont lock the house,leave keys in vehicles.

We have one town 500 maybe 600 18 kms away and another 1500 people 28kms away and 8000 people town about 45 kms. So were not isolated as such.

Yep we have the dreaded ice apparently in local town now, as well as bigger ones.

Just wondering why you guys have such problems.

In plevna/wilcox area eastern montana those ranchers there didnt lock there houses up to much.

unemployed youth rate is similar.

When i was up dawsons creek similar issues up there like were are you gonna run to up there.....alaska?
    Maybe its a problem headed our way sometime soon

Seems to vary from area to area Mallee. Essentially no crime of any significance around here, nothing locked. Some areas seem to have trouble with first nations, other areas like where we used to be it's the drugs/theft associated with the oilpatch. Unbelievable amount of fuel stolen in that oilpatch area.

Comment

I just got done watching a documentary about drug use in Sault St Marie...featuring two addicts, addictions have no boundaries, poverty has no boundaries, despair has no boundaries...everyone is susceptible.

Falling from grace, what's the difference when you come out on the other side
      Crawling through mud, what's the difference when you come out on the other side

There was a opening comment that I can't get out of my head;

Quote: "We are seeing the results of a really good investment in poor social management"

Our dilemma today is symptomatic of a failed social experiment.

Now what?

Take care.....

Comment

Agree with grassfarmer .

Comment

Farmaholic is often the philosophical one.......

The ice issue somehow you have stop people from wanting to try it seems after one or two goes your hooked.

In shearing sheds people that pick up fleeces from floor after each sheep is shorn are called rousabouts well paid hard work hard living most of them.

Anyway last shearing my favourite rousabout marie her name is worked for me for 10 yrs in shearing shed for around 3 to 4 weeks each year. She went off the rails came back to work for me this year after a abscence of maybe 6 or even 7 years, i had no idea she had serious substance abuse issues,meaning ice.

We great friends she stayed with us in the house this year rather than travel 40 kms each night.
          Shes been clean for 3 yrs. Shes a bit rough around the edges heart of gold.

So shes working with myself, my son whose almost 16 and were having in depth discussion about ice.

She grabbed phoenix looked him in the eye and said "phoenix never never do drugs not even once, dont e try weed anything, drink beer whiskey whatever and if want something else in your mouth, Eat *****" poor young niave innocent phoenix, didnt quite know were to look. lol.

ps sorry farma not quite up to your profound standards in posting but you get the message.

How to stop em from starting?

Grass are you less densley populated were you live?

Comment

That story was priceless mallee....👍 I appreciate everyone's contribution.....whether I agree with them or not.

Our closest reserve is #9..... and we're SW of it. As mentioned many times, don't hear alot of problems.

Comment

Love that story. Will try to remember it. It will be quoted.

Comment

You guys or grassy or tweety may be more knowledeable but the above mentioned marie has to go to chemist was everyday and get a single tablet of something for addiction to ice presume methadone?? No idea didnt ask her well shes down to 1 tablet every 3 days so she kinda addicted to treatment.

At the height of her addiction with her partner who has long gone but they would do $1500 on a weekend she said.

She comes from the town of 8000 people me being a dummy said well were do you get how do you get its not everywere?? She slapped me round a bit peter your a caveman, got to the hotel carpark in the front bar public toilets dealers everywere geez you thick she said.

So its stuff me and you guys just dont know about.

Now farmaholic dont castigate me for being class dummy originally i knew ice was a drug, got that bit, but i really though you must put it in your coke or whiskey or milkshake because i believed it was incased in a ice cube. Hence the name.

Do you guys have drug driving tests over there. Pull you over for alcohol test then lick test as well for drugs. Some of the civil libertarians fought hard to stop multi facet drink/drug tests for drivers they lost thank goodness.

Comment

My town has 800 people. I can make 1 inquiry and buy most but meth. That might take 1 more call. No roadside test other than officers assessment. So far thats the holdup on this years impending pot legalization.
                  I'm close to town so now have to keep grain auger tank empty when not using.
                  Just started 2 years ago.

Comment

I'd say most people don't lock doors or fuel tanks around here ( in case someone with bad intentions is reading this and getting ideas, "here" is just northeast of Tuktoyktuk) Since the oilpatch turned down crime has gone way up though. Mostly organized crime rings are stealing trucks and quads. the small time break and enter is all drug related, and from what I know, they are mostly white. There was a violent targeted break and enter involving guns, a while back, stole a lot of guns. One small town is 1/2 hour from nearest police, and they keep getting big break-ins, like smash through building big, they know police can't get there in time.

There are a couple reserves not too far away police report in newspaper is almost entirely reserve related, but so far as I know, most of the crimes are against each other, not bothering the rest of us. Of course, they do have a very profitable extortion racket with the oil companies going on, so perhaps less need for petty theft. I have been told that apparently if something is stolen and ends up on the reserve, it is written off, since police will not attempt to retrieve it, not sure how much truth there is to that?

twice now some locals took vigilante justice against some truck/quad thieves recently, then called police, no consequences so far as I know.

The worst thieves I have to contend with are the four legged kind.

I don't envy those for who this is a daily fear, such as must have been the case with Stanley's.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...
                    X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                    You agree to our and by clicking I agree.