• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just doing the math.....

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just doing the math.....

There is an article about the price fixing by the Westons....$1.50 a loaf they artificially raised the price.... (sort of like the price of carbon..lol)....so I did some math.....

42 loaves from a bushel of wheat times 35bpa x 1.50 a loaf....equals drumroll .....2205 an acre they are making on my farm by price fixing....pure profit by collusion....

Geez it's great to have farm representatives saying nothing....

But no one said anything when mansbridge reported the higher price of wheat affecting the price of bread and made sure consumers knew the price of wheat had gone down.....

I would bet the Westons are at the family tea giving out motivational speaking.....

Call me a conspiracy theorist but it has to be happening in the Canadian grain market as well....there are no checks and balances or reporting or regulation. ...

And people think I am nuts to be paid for carbon sequestering....the bread makers could send some money back for their bakery emissions or are they all solar powered bakeries now....
    Last edited by bucket; Feb 1, 2018, 08:04.

Absolutely like as if it doesn't happen in all the products we sell beef etc.
    Hell we can't even get a clear price what buyers are paying bulk for canary peas lentils. We have no idea what's going on except that a few people control those deals and I suspect hahaha get paid well to give us the least amount of money for our product.
    What about charging us dockage and selling as feed
    Feed barley sold as malt
    On and on and on.

Thank you apes ass and all you looking out for us. Great Value for our money!

Comment

Time to get into bread making I guess

Comment

No....it's time for people to go to jail and payback the money they stole by price fixing. ...

And it's time for regulation or a watchdog to monitor shit like this....it's what government is for....

Not to say it's OK and fix it by getting into bread making....

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
          No....it's time for people to go to jail and payback the money they stole by price fixing. ...

And it's time for regulation or a watchdog to monitor shit like this....it's what government is for....

Not to say it's OK and fix it by getting into bread making....
          What government? We are on our own. Our lobby groups are playing around, the government is in the East. Got the picture?

Comment

my question is , why in the **** hasn't the price of bread dropped since this revelation ????

Comment

We are at the bottom of the totem pole. Take what they give us and shut up. As farmers our job is to feed the world for nothing, we are just peasants out here. Things will eventually get worse as time goes on.

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                my question is , why in the **** hasn't the price of bread dropped since this revelation ????
                At the coop wonder bread was 2 for 3 bucks..all others over 4 bucks each.

They probably called the rip off a wrong doing..

Comment

Dont you guys worry, the WCWGA will be talking to Trump when they are at their party (i mean meetings in DC). It will all get sorted out. Lets look at collusion in every aspect of our business like seed, fert, fuel, parts, etc. It is getting old fast and I am supposed to be the young generation that is full steam ahead #agvocate haha!!

Comment

Many other lines of work have the same issues. Human nature.
                    But they dont have wienerville so we're lucky.
                    Some of u guys should get out more.
                    Last edited by blackpowder; Feb 1, 2018, 11:31.

Comment

The 0.1% doing it to all of society in every possible situation...reset needed...
                      bucket it is 66 loaves from a bushel....we get LESS THAN a penny per loaf, the plastic clip cost more!

66 X $4= $264/ bu X 35/acre=$9240/acre
                      And malt is even worse...
                      Last edited by fjlip; Feb 1, 2018, 12:15.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...
                      X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                      You agree to our and by clicking I agree.