• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Big Data, how full are your bins ?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big Data, how full are your bins ?

It just hit me when I saw a add from CPS for intellilink.

They are probably monitoring, grain bin inventory levels, when they are filled and emptied, maybe what commodities if growers enter that info into the databases.

It doesn’t have to be exact, as it will corilate. How many bushels, or bins were filled at harvest and are they empty, 1/2 full etc ( determined by temp sensor levels or moisture).

It’s a big piece of the puzzle that the trade/government/ Larry Webber 😀 doesn’t always have a good handle on. For example how much canola is left in bin, at terminal, transit, sold unsold etc.

Dam it

Yup... When I built bintelligence a few years ago. I got offered a lot of money for the data once it was commericaized.

Farmers don't get how important this stuff is...

Comment

Oil companies have guys that fly around with infrared cameras to determine oil tank levels....faster than driving....

They could do that with grain bins as well....

Comment

Its really no difference than pre selling and advance payments is it, you are giving the traders the advantage, if I know how much you are willing to pay I have the advantage or how little you will take.

Comment

I thought that app for bin inventories was handy to have . Then I thought someone else would think it's handy too. Better left in my head

Comment

But don't forget to sign your grain pricing agreements!

Comment

It’s another piece of information to be used with other info they have, or just to confirm or challenge other sources of info they have access to.

There is a lot of talk about on farm storage, and farmer inventory levels in market newsletters, cash flows needs, seasonal cash to pay bills, or not (income tax) etc. And the more staying power or ability for growers to anticipate, or time sales better. It actually has the opposite effect, on farm storage. It reduces volatility and market shortfalls, buyers offer a premium ( or perceived premium) the just in time short fall is averted until next time or other origin is available.

Comment

Has anyone noticed how the microphone is always on with your phone, you don’t even have to search or type in anything, then...... the ads show up?

No one specifically listening, just algorithms and some one willing to pay for advertising and sales.

Comment

Yes rare, if you go into settings then apps and look at permission it shows which ones are spying on you. Click on permissions and you can shut it down.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...
                  X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                  You agree to our and by clicking I agree.