• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crop Production Week

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crop Production Week

Any good prices to report on old crop prices or new crop contracts?

What's the "mood" at the show?

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
    Any good prices to report on old crop prices or new crop contracts?

What's the "mood" at the show?
    If you talk to the brokers there will be more of everything being planted. Farmers will be more optimistic than ever and dry is good for getting the crop in the ground. Never lost a crop this time of year you know. If that doesnt work out other countries will be producing record crops of higher quality than anyone could have expected. Oh and besides that the railways will be causing a slow down of deliveries on the prairies so prices will have to drop and the dog keeps chasing his tail.

Comment

Beautiful rant....

Comment

Originally posted by grefer View Post
        If you talk to the brokers there will be more of everything being planted. Farmers will be more optimistic than ever and dry is good for getting the crop in the ground. Never lost a crop this time of year you know. If that doesnt work out other countries will be producing record crops of higher quality than anyone could have expected. Oh and besides that the railways will be causing a slow down of deliveries on the prairies so prices will have to drop and the dog keeps chasing his tail.
        you forgot to mention, seed and fertilizer is in short supply, need to buy buy buy before its gone.

Comment

and "the world is running out of food"

Comment

What the **** you guys ....

are you getting old....

pissed at the nonsense? .....

how are those young bucks supposed to have the vigor to buy into the bullshit with attitudes like that?

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
              What the **** you guys ....

are you getting old....

pissed at the nonsense? .....

how are those young bucks supposed to have the vigor to buy into the bullshit with attitudes like that?

Smart young guys are going wtf.

Most of us have skills... Training.. trades.

Farming is a great lifestyle but if it doesn't make money wtf is the point.. many share this opinion..

Comment

Originally posted by Daylate View Post
                Beautiful rant....
                Agreed. Well done Grefer.

The crop production show is not place for a farmer if they’re cynical, pessimist, bitter, sour or carrying any negativity .
                If you are excited, energized, encouraged, progressive and willing to invest in ag then you are at the right place.

Comment

Originally posted by hobbyfrmr View Post
                  Agreed. Well done Grefer.

The crop production show is not place for a farmer if they’re cynical, pessimist, bitter, sour or carrying any negativity .
                  If you are excited, energized, encouraged, progressive and willing to invest in ag then you are at the right place.

LOL OMG. I'm the former farmer.

Comment

Originally posted by Klause View Post
                    Smart young guys are going wtf.

Most of us have skills... Training.. trades.

Farming is a great lifestyle but if it doesn't make money wtf is the point.. many share this opinion..
                    That is my boys words too...lifestyle could trump 8-5 wages....hopefully for enough to buy/rent

Comment

First time ever I heard today at the show the young guns under 35 have never seen bad times. It’s time to hit reality.

Oh probably taking $6.75 for peas for fall no act of god. And we’ll grow some. It’s not 7 but a start.

Comment

[QUOTE=SASKFARMER3;367204]First time ever I heard today at the show the young guns under 35 have never seen bad times. It’s time to hit reality.

Oh probably taking $6.75 for peas for fall no act of god. And we’ll grow some. It’s not 7 but a start.[/QUOTE
                        who has that ? pioneer here showing $4.69

Comment

[QUOTE=caseih;367215]
                          Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
                          First time ever I heard today at the show the young guns under 35 have never seen bad times. It’s time to hit reality.

Oh probably taking $6.75 for peas for fall no act of god. And we’ll grow some. It’s not 7 but a start.[/QUOTE
                          who has that ? pioneer here showing $4.69
                          Dry dry dry....too dry to even think about preselling a bushel of anything. Even if I wasn't in the Sahara Slum of the Ghetto I wouldn't presell anything. ...the Palliser's misfortune will be the rest of the Prairies fortune.

Comment

Pulse buyer just out of Regina had it at the the show. 6.25 act of god.

Comment

[QUOTE=farmaholic;367217]
                              Originally posted by caseih View Post

Dry dry dry....too dry to even think about preselling a bushel of anything. Even if I wasn't in the Sahara Slum of the Ghetto I wouldn't presell anything. ...the Palliser's misfortune will be the rest of the Prairies fortune.
                              $12 canola looking a long way off ? what are you thinking ?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...