• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How BTO's operate

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How BTO's operate

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180102_101813.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	88.4 KB
ID:	777845

Bit of an insight into how one large farm operates.

I bet that mortgage is done up so tight that ever single thing from first born to last dead is included.

I would of guessed BMO or scotia Bank. Saskatoon.

Go Big or go home.

Follow the money

Comment

.........here we go again!

Charming enough for ya 101? Lol....Sunday evenings @ 8 RC church basement in the Slum of the Ghetto!

Comment

I missed counting three zeros at first glance. It makes a difference..

Comment

Originally posted by farming101 View Post
          I missed counting three zeros at first glance. It makes a difference..
          Just a bit.

Comment

It's funny how if or when things blow up in cases like this it doesn't make quite as big an explosion as you would expect

Comment

Plug 126 million into your mortgage calculator. FCC 's would "only" let me input 100 million.
              Last edited by farmaholic; Jan 2, 2018, 11:36.

Comment

Ouch that gota make the banker restless at night.

I've got a pretty good idea why some of my neighbors cranky.

Comment

It would be a general mortgage over 30 years and based on 20% down or a 10000000 mortgage.
                  Easy Peasy nice and easy.

Comment

The mortgage amount on the title is already 126 million, the down payment on that "all encompassing" mortgage is already made.....if payments are regularly made maybe you can just keep adding titles to the mortgage without increasing it. Leveraging equity.

Comment

Perhaps I missed something in a previous thread, but why is this any of our business, and how does it affect the rest of us in any way?

Comment

In part it is about the continuing concentration of wealth and the impossibility of some areas having a next generation of land owners. Also has a bit to do with succession planning and how you will fund your retirement if you have a next generation you are concerned about. Yes, land is still changing hands but many locals are not in the running. They are totally shut out

Comment

We gave up a huge opportunity by not leveraging our equity(with in reason), while land prices were considered cheap in comparison to now and very low current interest rates.

Its hard to begrudge someone's success if they had the balls to take the risk!

Edit:

hindsight-- 20/20

foresight--blind as a bat
                          Last edited by farmaholic; Jan 2, 2018, 15:31.

Comment

Originally posted by farming101 View Post
                            In part it is about the continuing concentration of wealth and the impossibility of some areas having a next generation of land owners. Also has a bit to do with succession planning and how you will fund your retirement if you have a next generation you are concerned about. Yes, land is still changing hands but many locals are not in the running. They are totally shut out
                            Why are they shut out? Is it because the BTO can get levels of financing that the commoner can't? Or is the BTO somehow making more profit to justify paying higher land prices/rents? Or is it that the BTO is paying unprofitable levels due to all the financing and will soon be bankrupt?

Comment

Or is it possible the banks bet on a flunky with good accountants etc and joe farmer with a great balance sheet is shit on and tossed out then when the shit hits th fan and Toronto realizes it can’t back a loan to one farmer for that amount the little guys pick it clean.

Ah farming

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.