• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

air drill info

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

air drill info

Does anyone have any comparative experience between Ezee-on and Morris Maxim airdrills? Does one follow contours better? What about the gas engine on the Maxim? Does it hold up? I'm thinking of 10 inch spacing-is that the best?? Thanks for reply.

The Alberta Farm Machinery Research Centre (AFMRC) has done an evaluation on the Morris Maxim airdrill, but not on the Eeze-On. The Morris Maxim was tested in 1993, and performed well. Trusses on the frame of the Maxim allowed each frame section to move independently. The Morris Maxim tested had a hydraulically driven fan, but our experience with gas engines to power fans has not been very good. They are usually high maintenance because of dust and vibration. The 10 inch row spacing is a good compromise between the wide and narrow spacings. Recent research by the AFMRC on row spacing shows a significant drop in yield when going from an 8 inch to a 12 inch row spacing. The 10 inch spacing yield was usually between the 8 and 12 inch spacings. A narrow row width was used in this row spacing research. To see the summary of the Morris Maxim evaluation report, check out the AFMRC web site. If you would like to get the complete report, give the AFMRC a call at (403) 329-1212. If you have more questions, call the number above and ask for Lawrence Papworth, project engineer (seeding and tillage)

Comment

I have a question concerning Ground driven air tanks.Are they any good??

Comment

We have not done any tests on units with a ground drive system here at the Alberta Farm Machinery Research Centre. However, several of my colleagues work primarily in the seeding/tillage area, and have a lot of contact with farmers and other researchers in this area, and they say they have not heard any bad things about the ground drive systems. Any farmers out there with a ground drive system want to comment on this question? Let us know what you have experienced with these systems.

Comment

I have been using an Ezee-On 160 Air Tank and 7400cultivator for six years. Haven't had any trouble. The advantage of the ground drive is some tractors don't have the hydraulic power to drive a fan when you are lifting or using your hyd. for other operations. You can also switch to another tractor without any trouble. All you need to change is your control box. Ground drive is also more costly than hyd. drive. Have a good day

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...