• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

End of Week Thursday Report!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

End of Week Thursday Report!

Wow not a time to get a real bad head cold and no it wasn’t the tequila but it does taste good. Sat yesterday and just slept on my deck kind of like this condo as even if your sleeping you can watch yh whales and boats and people. Probably one of our best purchases years ago

Now the count down to Canada’s failure Carbon tax is few sleeps away.

Trudeau has no concept on reality this isn’t going to save anything and will destroy companies and jobs add that Trump is doing tax cuts that are big investment will come back to the USA. Kind of nice how he is telling the UN what he really thinks. 283 million less funding for a first cut maybe higher this is a good thing. The UN is a useless thing costing billions. Time to gut.

Kind of nice how a leader is putting his country first and others second. Wow what a concept.

Now we have solar down here and natural heating for water. It’s warm and cost effective probably. But funny you turn your water on then go fix a egg and finally get back to the shower it’s warm. No waste here water only ran 10 to 15 min and never a hot shower but cool. So I will take our shower at home heated with natural gas that is a nice hot quick shower. But it makes you think that the climate saviours want us to go back 100 plus years and have no luxuries.

Solar lights work here for basic lighting.

Well it will be interesting as JT is up again in Nanos poll and shear down I can’t see how. But it’s Nanos.

Happy new year to every one as it’s a short three day week.

Bit coin down again from the high of 20000

Canadian dollar is dropping American is getting stronger

Comment

Little reading material for this holiday.

Comment

SF3, take a shot east and west up the beach so we can figure out where you are. I take it is close to the riu.

Comment

Playa grand pacific side just outside the harbour

Comment

As I have been pondering my screw it date.
            In HI. Which side of which island best for weather/whale watching from balcony etc. Condo/apt.
            Realize most too far from water.

Comment

[QUOTE=blackpowder;366213]As I have been pondering my screw it date......../QUOTE]

What a gut wrenching decision that must be. When is there the realization...... . And could anything change it. Enough innuendo has been dropped but I hardly think this is either the time or place....good luck BP.

Take care.

Comment

Sf3. Last four days here dollar has been up. Touching. 80cents

Comment

My intention was not to hijack a thread or cause alarm but rather, to inquire opinion on HI. locations.
                  My opening comment is a concept I happened upon as I start envisioning the future.
                  Picking a reasonable time line. And a vision with the premise of the impracticality of going out with my boots on. Based on the question "why should I live poor my entire days?". Who knows, health may dictate it anyways.
                  The fairly new concept that I will need to look after myself first. And a new dawning that there might be life after farming.
                  Rather new concepts all, for me. Regrettably, I need a few more years than I have the gumption for, but I'll farm for a while yet. Apologies for condensed writing leading to any misunderstanding.

Comment

We went to Maui first time ever beginning of November to attend a destination wedding. The ends of the island are connected by one two-lane highway. Mauivpretty commercialized, but lots of ocean view and a lot to see and enjoy.bThe weather was awesome but it gets dark pretty early like just after five but you can listen to the waves bashing the rocks all night. We weren't there long enough to find the night life. 🤔

Comment

Stuff like: Potential Kid beneficiaries with no physical or emotional attachment to the land. And paying for/subsidizing siblings retirement rang loud and clear to me BP, probably because I can relate. With land prices in your area.... it shouldn't be too hard a decision if that is what you want to do. Without a potential "torch bearer" it should be even easier. Succession frustrates me!

Just clarifying my response.

ps... I hardly think you hi-jacked this tread.... just look at the book title in SF3's post #3.

Comment

Tas your correct I posted wrong the dollar is gaining.

Sicker than a old dog that should be put down. Got the flu shot but caught something on flight down hit on Monday and finally seems to be breaking today. Sore throat then sinus headache then chest and finally cough up a lung it feels like.

Cloudy cooler day today first one since we arrived. First one of our crew heads home today as sask poly tech starts next week and he wanted New Year’s Eve at home.

Big celebrity sightings jenifer Anniston is in Cabo with her husband and Canadian Justin Bateman and his family. Haven’t seen yet.

Maui is nice getting more and more popular each year I still pick the big island over all of them that’s just me.

Gets real dark in Hawaii because your the only islands in the middle of the pacific

Comment

It’s a big step to retire. My wife decided to a few years ago the first month we almost killed each other then she went back to work out of the health district part time gave her something to do at 50years old. She now works 4 days a week and totally enjoys it.

Young children who want to farm and others who don’t and what one wants from their retirement. If you think you need a 3000sq ft home in the city to retire you will piss away a mill real fast and remember a cleaning service for that home and driveway service and lawn service isn’t cheap as you get to old to do those things.

And why would one need a home like that for retirement when their farm home was probably half that size.

Personally I would get a condo where your kids will be living. Lock and go away for months on end and heated garage etc. Just saying lots to think about.

Your money will have lots of advisors now. Every thing* from credit unions to Trust companies to RBC private banking.

Pick wisely.

Then their is health issues. You get mid 50s and every thing changes. One health scare to either partner and your retirement years could end. We know two couples who won’t be going South any more and are selling and moving to Vancouver island and Kelowna because of medical costs. Both are heart related.

Plus you still need to do things or you will get sick.

Ah like my son says high school was a breeze compared to SIAS or UofS and they don’t prepaid you for it. Well all the retirement courses etc help but once your committed it’s a whole different world.
                          Last edited by SASKFARMER3; Dec 29, 2017, 08:38.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	AF42B0DD-3CF8-42D4-A7F1-46161E7B9C30.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	12.8 KB
ID:	766141

Only province with no Carbon tax so Ottawa shuts down our weather stations. It’s climate change yea it’s normal Saskatchewan winter weeks on end of minus 35 this is normal. Climate change is bullshit and even the liberals know it.

Comment

Yup was gonna investigate big island. Even if just a month a year. Absolutely loved HI.
                              Farma. 12 yrs marriage=12 years current debt + 20 yrs post debt.
                              Siblings' poor life choices on them. Part of the art of saying fk it.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.