• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Retail and Service Etiquette and Appearance

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Retail and Service Etiquette and Appearance

I must be getting old...

How many earrings in one ear are too many. Today I was served by a person with twelve in one ear and a "bar" as well. There was also some in the other ear, on the eyebrows and lips. And you could tell there was some in the nose at one time by the piercing holes. It's a respectable business.

Tattoos..... getting a little extreme too.

Does an employee's appearance reflect on the business? Not that the service was bad!

What right does an employer have to either not hire people like that or have some sort of a dress code that would "tone down" the "jewelry".

Click image for larger version

Name:	earings.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	5.6 KB
ID:	777831

Are you Ok with your health care tax dollars going to repair stuff like this?
    Is it any different than the choice of eating a poor diet or drinking too much or smoking?

Sincerely Yours:

Fuddy Duddy
    Last edited by farmaholic; Dec 18, 2017, 16:41.

Too many piercings like, too many tats, like too much breast augmentation,,,people no longer know when, enough is enough. I think tat removal is on your own dime.
    Don't forget, you're also paying to have other people's genitals turned inside out and their birth certificates changed, and all the after care that's needed following surgery, and psychological care etc.

Comment

I know a girl that just joined the Canadian military - she had to get all the visible tattoos removed from her neck. Cost her a lot of money and many visits to get it done.

Comment

Depends who your business caters to. Some crowds would be more into that sort of thing than others. In an interview situation for something like a family restaurant server or a professional office front end person it has to hurt your chances for employment. I'm sure it would be considered discrimination to the employee but sure it happens and rightfully so.

I do feel not too many people in this world that want to be "normal" any more. Wether it's piercings/ tattoo / hair style/ clothes / political views/ sexual orientation /protest choices or whatever the new normal is to be different and noticed.

Comment

Ever get served(not serviced >:-\) by someone with a tongue stud? Like talking with a marble on your tongue.

Just think....all those tattoos that they thought were a "good idea" when they were young all of a sudden aren't later in life. My kids will have nothing to talk about at the old folks home when they're old....everyone else will be asking each other...."what is that supposed to be".....and asking the other person to stretch their skin to remove the wrinkles for a clearer image!

Comment

Originally posted by GDR View Post
            Depends who your business caters to. Some crowds would be more into that sort of thing than others. In an interview situation for something like a family restaurant server or a professional office front end person it has to hurt your chances for employment. I'm sure it would be considered discrimination to the employee but sure it happens and rightfully so.

I do feel not too many people in this world that want to be "normal" any more. Wether it's piercings/ tattoo / hair style/ clothes / political views/ sexual orientation /protest choices or whatever the new normal is to be different and noticed.
            Here's a novel idea....you want to get noticed? Stop rowing your boat against the current and let it turn....paddle hard with the flow and get ahead of the pack....I'm sure they'll notice! Paddling against the current must get tiring! A strong will and determination are powerful tools if used correctly.....Don't waste them....

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	54BF817E-5B97-41F7-8F7F-A06083BB43D4.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	13.2 KB
ID:	766130
              I don’t get too upset by tattoos and jewelry if they don’t go overboard but I always liked this cartoon by S Gross.

Comment

Honestly, it seems pretty normal that now everyone is trying to differentiate themselves as best they can, especially young people. We are different, and please don't assume that beauty standards are changing our personality. I have many friends who wear piercings, have tattoos; some boys even wear grillz. It's normal to want to try everything and then figure out what works best for you. My boyfriend also decided to make a grillz and went to https://www.blingcartel.com/collections/custom-grillz https://www.blingcartel.com/collections/custom-grillz . They did everything very quickly and qualitatively. I'm happy if he's happy too.
                Last edited by WhiteIreney; Jul 27, 2021, 10:06.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...