• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seriously

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seriously

Discrimination using license plates? Has Brad wall lost his marbles or did he have any to begin with?

Usually when politicians start something this ****ing stupid they are diverting the attention from a much more serious issue....

No marit in this petty argument...pun intended.

Geoff Leo will dig it up....

Comment

It's the good old look over here trick.

Iceman Out

Comment

I know an AB Co that works in SK on Gov't hwys. I assume they get the contracts because they are low bid or there is no SK Co that do the work.

If they decide hassle or cost isn't worth it they will either up tender or not bother. This will end up costing Sask taxpayers more in long run.
        They stay in local motels and eat in local dinners and by fuel in Sask as well as any other needs.

Comment

Other side of story on plates is, as a government agency at any level, the new provincial trade deal forces you to accept the lowest tender no matter where they are from or if they have a terrible work record, don't complete work, don't run with any insurance at all, think Alberta plates that have run out, these rules can actually end up costing more in the end.

Comment

Does it make any difference if the Alta vehicle is here for a real short stint.... let's say 6 weeks or here for 3 years working on the Bypass project or a Potash mine or any other long work Project?

Comment

I am more interested in the story they are hiding with a bullshit issue like this.....

Comment

I would rather see both gov'ts sit down and implement universal plates like Gov't of Canada has.

Comment

This is retaliation to what is happening in Alberta against many Sask workers.

Doing it to level playing field.

Comment

Alberta has 4 % Growth , we are broke , Brads just trying to do one Last Pulpit Speech and collect a few coins for the empty coffers

Comment

Originally posted by Oliver88 View Post
                      This is retaliation to what is happening in Alberta against many Sask workers.

Doing it to level playing field.
                      I heard them say that on the news? Does anyone feel there is truth to that?

As an employer I would hire the best person or company for the job wouldn't care beyond being Canadian. Only thing may be is a local person to the job site might be more likely to stay on the job long term and not quit to go back home.

Don't think there is any rivalry or bad feelings between AB/SK. Now BC that's a different issue them fellas out there got a big chip on their shoulders towards the rest of the west.

Comment

Maybe Brad is a closet union hack. ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by mustardman View Post
                          Alberta has 4 % Growth , we are broke , Brads just trying to do one Last Pulpit Speech and collect a few coins for the empty coffers
                          Just looked at Alberta's and Saskatchewan's debt clock. Per capita Alberta's debt is $9149 and Saskatchewan's per capita is $7450 so who is really broke? Alberta continues to add debt much quicker than Saskatchewan! As for the licence plate scrap I think that Brad Wall is bringing attention to the disadvantage Saskatchewan companies face with a 6% sales tax in Saskatchewan and no sales tax in Alberta. If Alberta had a sales tax instead of a carbon tax we would be much farther ahead imo.

Comment

Brad should be carefull tho, Husky is an Albertan company isn't it and if they want to use Alberta trucks to haul all that Albertan money over to Mervin and Paradise Hill country, I say let them.

Comment

I drive lots every day and yes seeing Alberta plates on vehicles pisses you off in construction sites. Not to the NDP supporters on here because Alberta is NDP.
                              If you want crews here for years doing jobs switch you vehicles to here

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...