• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sask Party hates farmers!! Raises land rents 45%

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sask Party hates farmers!! Raises land rents 45%

Provincial land rents according to the neighbor are going up an additional 45% on top of the already 30% that went up last year. This will mean land rents on crown land for farmers will be double the private land rent amount according to my neighbor???

Ask Alana what was her part in this since she was in the ag department.
    Last edited by the big wheel; Dec 7, 2017, 17:54.

Must be some Chinese just waiting to get some return on their GTH investments. Holy cow!!!

Comment

Actually she hasn't been in Ag since May last year.

But why should it be any different than market rents on private land. Maybe they should put it up for tender every 5 years.

No more subsidization.

Comment

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
        Must be some Chinese just waiting to get some return on their GTH investments. Holy cow!!!
        This makes as much sense as anything else you say.

Comment

Current renters will also be have the chance to buy the land at a 10% discount.

Not sure what the 10% is exactly taken off, 3rd party valuation maybe?

10% off a reasonable price is actually a pretty decent deal and should make up for the last few years of rent increases.

Comment

There apparently was 30% rent increase last year and 15% a couple years prior.
            Rents double the private rates????

She was there first turn around. As they all were. Don't bother to tell me that if the Ndp did this you wouldn't be singing your old Roy whine. They were idiots but never did this. Nor did they double insurance premiums for farmers and then take the money to make he budget look better and brag how smart they were. Total fricken losers.

Lep nice to see you took brads wang out of your hand long enough to post something. Better hurry library closes in a shortly hahaha

Comment

Lol. Big wheel

Lol

LEP is just trying to get in on some irrigation on sub leased crown land like his mentor has done.

SF3 do you have a copy?
              Engage god damit!!!

Iceman Out

Comment

Lands Branch renters pay way less than market rents. I am tired of hearing from whiners that they have it so bad renting at below market rents their entire life. Put it up for tenders and see where the price comes in at. I guess you haven't noticed what private rents have done.

Go ahead Big Wheel, explain to me why your rent should be lower than the rest of us.

Big wheel, go ahead and elect Meili as NDP leader and see if you get any bright ideas in AG. I doubt if he has even a remote idea what goes on in modern Ag.

Comment

You think I don't know what land rents for hahaha
                  You need to crawl out from working under the premiers desk more often. Lots of smoke going on there. They say mink oil is good for the palms. Hahahaha

I've seen the neighbors statement his rent will be double mine. Your not really a farmer are you? On the payroll hey.

For all of you out there whining about you can t make it with the corporate rents this just added fuel to the corporate rents. It's higher!!! Think about it for awhile I know with narrow minds and some on the payroll to print their garbage it's tough to swallow well in leps case he s a pro but for the rest of you. This will impact many of us. I already got a call from one of my landlords in a somewhat joking way but yet just letting me know. This will end up being corporate foreign land.
                  All part of the plan. I ain't paying these prices for land it doesn't work'!!!

Comment

Big Wheel. Big talk, small mind.

Anyway, the latest land rented here for $140 a cultivated acre. I doubt he would be paying $280.

Just because you screw some unsuspecting widow at $35 doesn't mean $70 isn't market rent.

Comment

I pay 60 on that land comparable to what he has and 60 is too much. If you were a farmer you'd know you have to compare apples to apples.

140 land makes sense to you? And why is it that much?

Is it better to screw a widow or be screwed like you obviously are by a man. For 140. Must have seen you comin a mile away. Hahahaha

Comment

Did you do Billy's negotiating on the GTH with those numbers ? Hahahaha

Comment

Rent on high quality land has exactly quadrupled here in ten years -$30 to $120. Not saying it should be that high but it is.
                          No way crown land should be a deal. For what reason? Market rate either rent or selling price.

Comment

So your saying he is being charged $120 an acre by the government? What is the assessment? Because I think your are slinging bullshit.

Anyway, hurl insults all you want. It doesn't bother me. But it definitely gives a pretty good impression of your intellect.

Comment

60 would be bargin basement rent here for decent land .

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...