• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canola

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canola

A zero to small positive basis for July has us in $12.00 territory..... Ya I know, dream on...

I remember there being positive basis. Can it happen again, or will they let it, not that far out. Someone must have been short.

Where's support and resistance in the July?

Talked to two locals who stopped in this morning 1500 acre canola guys. Both took the hold wheat and peas and sell canola hook line and sinker.

Both 95% sold

Hm

Comment

Nexera has plus 45 basis.
      Next yr we will have some..should be fun .

Comment

I don't see much that can cause any kind of rally. There is lots of canola around at the moment and likely acres will be big for this coming spring. South American weather might help. If we get hot dry weather this spring in the Midwest and in western Canada we could get a good rally. Justin spending all that time in China might talk them into buying more canola for a good price.

A lot of if's and might's and the wild card is the weather

Comment

Lots went out in sept to November

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post
            we have had excellent luck with 1012 RR , about $12.35 on our overage last load , was priced for $12.45
            $13.20 for summer
            non gmo has a positive $20-$25 basis depending on how far out
            neither of these gives a yield loss on our farm

Comment

We did some specialty canola in the past. CSCO program. The premiums out to July/Aug were about the best but freight to Clavet ate into our net prices.... the real advantage really went to the guys in close proximity to the crush plant that chose late delivery. The other drawback was the yield genetics of the program's varieties, maybe that gap narrowed in the last few years.

But I do remember positive basis for "commodity" canola. Somehow I doubt they will be caught with their pants down around their ankles again so quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                we have had excellent luck with 1012 RR , about $12.35 on our overage last load , was priced for $12.45
                $13.20 for summer
                non gmo has a positive $20-$25 basis depending on how far out
                neither of these gives a yield loss on our farm
                ..........nice.

Comment

Growing 1026 next yr..their new variety..all nexera prices are picked up to..

Comment

Growing 1026 next yr..their new variety..all nexera prices are picked up to..
                    a lot of people were really dissapointed with the 1020 last two years , hopefully 1026 is ok ? we have had bad luck with new varieties of any canola , so we wait until the r & d is done by farmers at farmers expense, lol

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...
                    X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                    You agree to our and by clicking I agree.