• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Peas

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Peas

whats everyone doing , wondering if we should be taking some of the $6.09 price here for spring ?

I got an e-mail from Viterra yesterday to say they were re-entering the Pea market for the March-may 2018 period to call for prices. I didn't call because I sold mine into the feed market already.

Comment

All gone as i always do off the combine. Not sure how many acres were going to grow in 2018 have seed for 1200 acres.

1200 x 50 x 6 = 300 a acre Yea i know some get 80 plus but being realistic.

Comment

OMG a marketing thread in the Commodity Marketing forum....what's this world coming to?

I've seen better bids than that. Yellows in SE Sask for $6.75 Jan/Feb. Freight will cut in for you!

I think the "shock" needs to subside and some semblance of sense will return.... I think we are seeing it already.

Comment

I personally dont think they will have pea prices out for next fall at the Saskatoon show or any show any time soon.

Yea Marketing it works.

I have to phone Trudeau and see how i can start to show emotion and cry on key.

Comment

Depends if you can afford it.

Need cash flow, i'd look at selling some.

Good on cash flow. Try and out wait the tariff. Not a guarantee as no one knows when it will end. Could be 3 months, 6 months, etc.

But once the tariff ends India will likely continue to buy peas not from Canada. Black sea regions mostly.

Will see a bump in prices as demand is less pressure but won't be anything crazy. $7 maybe $7.50.

Comment

Speculation marketing.....you grow them on the chance they might be worth something.....same with almost every other commodity....

You can say there is marketing in wheat until they apply their discounts at their leisure. ....

Funny how grain cos have government to defend their tariffs and railways are guaranteed profits....

Comment

Election in India is 2019. Me thinks thats when well see a change or if they have no crop.

Its a game.

Comment

Phone around, try the special crops processors and handlers. Brokers. Don't have to rely on the local terminal that has a low bid because they don't have a home for any.

Comment

I got two calls for greens at $8. Geez at 26-27 bu/ac yields ....where am I going to spend all the money!

An extra dollar a bushel would help but not make a huge difference here in the Slum of the Ghetto.

Comment

Well when we started with peas before the line companies got on board the bins were filled at harvest dried and then the trucks picked up bins refilled with other crops all before freeze up.

Comment

Hopefully this India panic scare has subsided a bit, it seems to be.
                        But it makes one wonder if the door is open for bids and movement, does a guy just unload all and say to heck with holding ? The door could slam shut again at anytime , that’s seems to be the uneasy part ?

Comment

Talked to Viterra this morning triggering targets for March at 6.75.

Comment

ILTA had $6.75 for Jan del yesterday.

It’s not a game in India. It’s a balancing act for 1.4 billion people. Too low a price and farmers with a hoe, waterbuffalo and 2 ha of land can’t make anything. Too high a price and consumers with only enough rupee to buy food one day at a time go hungry.
                            We may not like it, but that’s reality.

Comment

Originally posted by Kinger View Post
                              Depends if you can afford it.

Need cash flow, i'd look at selling some.

Good on cash flow. Try and out wait the tariff. Not a guarantee as no one knows when it will end. Could be 3 months, 6 months, etc.

But once the tariff ends India will likely continue to buy peas not from Canada. Black sea regions mostly.

Will see a bump in prices as demand is less pressure but won't be anything crazy. $7 maybe $7.50.
                              India will buy peas with the duty in place. The duty doesn't have to come off for them to buy but you are correct. It is likely Russian peas or whichever is cheapest.
                              Last edited by dave4441; Nov 30, 2017, 12:28.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.