• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Peas hitting 600 per t in India? And 6 bucks bushel here ????

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Peas hitting 600 per t in India? And 6 bucks bushel here ????

Those can't be the right numbers either place.

Probably and it’s not a subsidy wink wink. And Boy Scout canada lets its farmers get shit on. But he has bice socks and cry’s on cue

Comment

[URL="http://www.businessinsider.com/india-pea-prices-going-nuts-2017-11"]http://www.businessinsider.com/india-pea-prices-going-nuts-2017-11[/URL]

Comment

Too harsh was my original comment.... I deleted....it's sunshine and lollipops instead. ...
        Last edited by bucket; Nov 27, 2017, 14:56.

Comment

Looks like everything is under control.....

Comment

Yes this is accurate, prices for stock that is already within the country has jumped up to match the duty. Or at least is on its way towards that value.

Canada doesn't have any peas enroute to their and has sold very few this fall. Note exports are down 500,000 MT from last year. The duty affected russian peas as they were making sales at $6ish to grower and we were not competing against them.

The scale in the futures graph doesn't make any sense to me. Not sure what currency or position it is in. While not a pea trader per se, i believe the market, delivered to Indian port was closer to USD $280-300/MT. Prior to this and i don't think anything has traded since. Until stocks get run down. This will eat up time but then market is still dependent on what growers in Canada and Russia will sell product for. Same as before.

Comment

Two things one they are obviously paying that price 15 bucks give or take. Means they are panicking obviously because there is so much supply.

And second if that chart is correct was way over 230 250 range for a long time.

Happy days!!!

Comment

Stop funding higher yielding research etc. Stop the check offs. Start a fund to have boots on the ground there make the deals and use the companies here as they should properly be used as packers and shippers.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...
                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.