• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AB/SK border farming

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AB/SK border farming

For all of you that are farming on one or both sides of the border, how do you register/insure your vehicles?
    I live in Sask, farm in AB, and just received a letter saying if i take my AB farm truck (1 ton) into sask I need a 'safety fitness certificate' which turns it into a federal carrier and we would have to abide by those regulations. My brother who lives in AB and farms in AB has never recieved this letter, but we assume he would be bound by the same rules, taking farm trucks over the border?

We talk about NAFTA we don't even have free trade agreement within Canada.
    I live in AB farm in Sask. I couldn't licence my farm trucks in AB because they are never here. I couldn't license them in Sask because I don’t have a Sask hospitalization number that you need in order to license them there.

Comment

So they are basically forcing our hand to lie to insurance/registries in my opinion. might be screwed if i end up needing the insurance that they gouge me for.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...
      X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
      You agree to our and by clicking I agree.