Test AB/SK border farming Test

Rural Issues


AB/SK border farming

Nov 27, 2017 | 12:16 1 For all of you that are farming on one or both sides of the border, how do you register/insure your vehicles?
I live in Sask, farm in AB, and just received a letter saying if i take my AB farm truck (1 ton) into sask I need a 'safety fitness certificate' which turns it into a federal carrier and we would have to abide by those regulations. My brother who lives in AB and farms in AB has never recieved this letter, but we assume he would be bound by the same rules, taking farm trucks over the border? Reply With Quote
Dec 6, 2017 | 07:17 2 We talk about NAFTA we don't even have free trade agreement within Canada.
I live in AB farm in Sask. I couldn't licence my farm trucks in AB because they are never here. I couldn't license them in Sask because I don’t have a Sask hospitalization number that you need in order to license them there. Reply With Quote
Dec 11, 2017 | 17:50 3 So they are basically forcing our hand to lie to insurance/registries in my opinion. might be screwed if i end up needing the insurance that they gouge me for. Reply With Quote