• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kioti Tractors

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kioti Tractors

We were walking around Agribition yesterday and amongst all the fancy new equipment displays I came across these tractors. Has anybody had any experience with them?. They don't look to bad but then again everything looks pretty good when its new,clean and sitting on a show room floor on display... the real test is when its -45 in the wind and you have to put out feed the cows..lol. The sales person said they were from South Korea and that's pretty much it other than handed me a brochure on the tractor. We normally just buy john deere/case tractors but for 76k new 110hp mfwd with a loader maybe its time to look else where?.

Originally posted by tweaker101 View Post
    We were walking around Agribition yesterday and amongst all the fancy new equipment displays I came across these tractors. Has anybody had any experience with them?. They don't look to bad but then again everything looks pretty good when its new,clean and sitting on a show room floor on display... the real test is when its -45 in the wind and you have to put out feed the cows..lol. The sales person said they were from South Korea and that's pretty much it other than handed me a brochure on the tractor. We normally just buy john deere/case tractors but for 76k new 110hp mfwd with a loader maybe its time to look else where?.
    Are the parts needed to fix it when it dies a couple of days before Christmas sitting in Korea as well? Not like you could run to the wreckers either.

If you trade regularly I'd be concerned about resale.... might end up married to it and the only way out is a divorce and we know how those go😉

My thoughts and they're worth exactly what you're paying for them.

PS. The last new tractor bought here was in 1979 before I was born and it's still in use.

Comment

I am concerned about the availability of parts and dealer service as well, just thought sometimes you need to make changes in your purchasing decisions.... not so sure about the North American manufacturers anymore as most of there equipment is built off shore anyways and the new dealer models don't stock much for parts anyways.
      Last edited by tweaker101; Nov 25, 2017, 20:39.

Comment

I guess it makes sense that someday tractors made in Korea or China or India will predominate like everything else. Not really interested in being a guinea pig so i'll be like woodland and stick with antiques!

Comment

Parts are not an issue between brands these days since nobody stocks them no matter what color. Kioti has been in Canada for over 10 years already. The Bobcat compact tractors were made by them. The way to deal with resale value issues of any brand is to buy used. There are some of these tractors on Kijiji in Alberta.

Comment

Originally posted by woodland View Post
            PS. The last new tractor bought here was in 1979 before I was born and it's still in use.
            As much as I hate to brag, I have you beat, last new tractor bought here was 1968ish, and it is still in use, almost daily. 4th generation is now running it occasionally.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
              As much as I hate to brag, I have you beat, last new tractor bought here was 1968ish, and it is still in use, almost daily. 4th generation is now running it occasionally.
              Right on👍

Youngest tractor here has 9,900 hours (challenger 855B) and the most experienced is a 4430 with around 25,000 hours and just got a new cab liner (way overdue) and still lives on a baler all summer and a bale shredder or auger all winter. I think we got our money's worth out of it and it and if you can't tell I despise "depreciation" as an expense. 😉 .
              Out rolling up oat greenfeed last December at -20* with it.

Comment

We had a 4430 we sold with 35,000 hours on it. Guy drove it home and is still running it over a decade later. I am not fond of depreciation but we traded our 4240 for a 15 year old Fendt 714 and I can't see going back to the Deere. It cut our fuel bill in 1/2 (I rechecked those numbers several times as I did not believe it) and it cut about 20% off the time for every job. Our local JD service and parts department is fantastic, but the sales has been a bit tough to deal with, hence the reason for the brand change to begin with. We also have good local independent dealer service and support, which makes a huge difference. We are starting to see a lot of Fendt tractors around and a lot of JD trade-ins with less than 1000 hours (saw one last fall with 200 hours that they had traded on a Fendt).

The Kioti tractors look really good for the money and we have checked them out as we have a local dealer here as well, but at the time they were shy on the horsepower we felt we needed. They are basically older Kubota blueprints.

Comment

If I were a keen tractor person I'd run a Fendt too as they are so much more advanced than the competition. I don't want to make the move to "modern" tractors though as the electronics and potential for costly repair and breakdowns scares me. I'm sticking with my old 2955 Deere (close to 19,000 hrs) as it essentially runs like new. It is heavier on fuel though as it uses exactly twice the fuel it's Massey predecessor of the same hp used. If you can get by with a lighter loader tractor I think that MF 3 series was hard to beat - quick, responsive, hardly used any fuel and the Perkins engines run for ever.

Comment

Good morning and Happy New Year! I first saw Kioti tractors at the Montana Ag Expo in Great Falls in 2006. At that time they were $60,000 USD with a loader.A 90 HP model, if memory serves. They were a straight forward no frills tractor with (gasp!) levers for the hydraulics and analogue guages! I thought they were a nice tractor, and didn't buy one , but then as now they were way cheaper than any N. American tractor.

Last winter we bought a Kubota M108 mfd tractor with a FEL/grapple for $90,000. The loader is an ALO style, built well and the tractor is a 32speed ,with hi/lo. Like the Kioti , it is a no frills tractor , but the damn thing works like a mule and is good on fuel. My local JD dealer offered me a 5 year old mfd tractor with similar HP, low hours for $ 145,000 CASH! Sorry, but for that difference I will try the Orange one! I am sure my resale will be not good in the end , but then again , I am planning to keep this thing for 10 years(or more ?) which equates to paying for it first , and then worrying about something different later.

Just my 2 cents.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...
                    X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                    You agree to our and by clicking I agree.