• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

post hole auger

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

post hole auger

Has anyone had any experience with running a post hole auger off of a Ford 8N. Is there enough horse power from the pto? I was looking at a Howse 3 point hitch auger but was told that my tractor would be too small. Any suggestions.

I did some checking for you, and you should be able to run a post hole auger off of your Ford 8N. The tractor's maximum hp is 27.32 hp (23.22 belt), and there are several manufacturers with augers for this size. I saw one article where they had a Leinbach 8 inch auger on a Ford 8N; as well, companies like Worksaver, Bushhog, New Holland, and Mole have post hole augers for tractors from 15 hp and up. If you have trouble finding more information, let me know, and I will try getting some phone numbers you can call to get information from these companies. Darryl Slingerland

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
    • Return to Topic List
    Working...