• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lin C Sat - satellite internet is it any good?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lin C Sat - satellite internet is it any good?

Thinking about purhasing a unit with their spring price promotion, but am wondering how people who have one like it.

I've had the system for over a year now. It is extremely fast with download speeds as high as 1700 kbps. More typically, it is around 1000 kbps though. Service has been good, and of course you don't need to tie up a phone line. Overall....I've been pretty happy with the system.

Comment

I haven't seen any promo material - what is the cost?

Comment

http://www.lincsat.com

Comment

Love it. Brings us country bumpkins into the 21 century in spite of local services considering us in the country too small a market to bother with. We have had several times where the satalite was down for a couple of hours at a time but the plus's far outweigh the minus's. Two thumbs up.

Comment

Well, I bit the bullet and purchased a LinCsat system and so far it is good. It is nice to not tie up my phone line. At times it seems to be lightning fast and other times it does not seem to be much different than my landline with a connection of 45kbps.

Overall, it look like a good purchase. It is nice to have it always turned on so you can get market data quickly.

Comment

I would consider waiting as at the Lethbridge ag show Rogers is getting a system going on ther cellular network that looks like it will compete with lincsat.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...