• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yellow Pea Movement

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yellow Pea Movement

How's everyone making out with contracts and deliveries? Phoned to book in two loads at advertised price in Viterra Trochu and was told even though they list a price on their app they cannot make new contracts for anything prior to march delivery as they still haven't moved August contracts. Managed to get booked into Kindersley, but unsure of when they can get movement. Inquired at a few other locations and many are still sitting on August contracts as well.

Sitting on overdue contracts.....hmmmm. ...interesting.....two sides signed the contracts......

It is a dysfunctional system....it's also keeping a lid on prices.....

Comment

Going through exact same problems Bucket. Frustrating and like you say contracts seem to be very one sided. Entertain yourself and play some games. Catch them if you can. This week I called different locations in neighboring provinces using a different company name and offered to sell the exact product already under contract at a steep discount if they could take and pay in a week. Miraculously it wasn't an issue at all yet the higher priced contract cannot be moved or even a ballpark delivery date given. What a joke !!

Comment

So now the question is .....where is all the money from the checkoffs going?

Seems stupid to improve varieties and production and then get set back because the contracts are not worth shit. ....

So maybe a saskpulse rep could comment on getting a standardized contract that's meaningfull for all pulse growers. .....or is that not saskpulse's mandate?
        Last edited by bucket; Nov 2, 2017, 14:54.

Comment

Originally posted by helmsdale View Post
          How's everyone making out with contracts and deliveries? Phoned to book in two loads at advertised price in Viterra Trochu and was told even though they list a price on their app they cannot make new contracts for anything prior to march delivery as they still haven't moved August contracts. Managed to get booked into Kindersley, but unsure of when they can get movement. Inquired at a few other locations and many are still sitting on August contracts as well.
          I believe Trochu is having issues because CN has parked cars on their track from the train that derailed north of town. They can’t get movement right now. Not that peas seemed to be moving particularly well right now anyway.

Comment

Sounds like an enlarged prostate problem. ....the diagnosis procedure is about the same....bend over and take it!

Sorry, I couldn't help but see the similarities.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
              So now the question is .....where is all the money from the checkoffs going?

Seems stupid to improve varieties and production and then get set back because the contracts are not worth shit. ....

So maybe a saskpulse rep could comment on getting a standardized contract that's meaningfull for all pulse growers. .....or is that not saskpulse's mandate?
              The pulse board actually pushing back on the industry? You are drunk bucket go straight to bed.
              The board is to busy singing the praises of the Davidson contract breaker.
              All bow to the pulse man of the year agriville fellas

Iceman Out

Comment

Here us your checkoff dollars hard at work. I don't think I see anything about contracts not getting fullfilled. Lots of dollars bring spent on trying to convince Canadians to eat pulses. $5,000,000.00 worth of pea and lentil taste testing. Yikes

Comment

Sorry read that wrong. 3.5 million in handing out samples of Sask lentils all over the globe.

Comment

Oh shit.... here I thought the check off money was for creating private label pulses for certain processors.....

And then use Canadian government funds to support their purchases of Ukrainian product.....

Comment

I brought up some marketing issues to Sask pulse at Ag In Motion was told that directors would look into it and get back to me.
                      Not a sound so far.

Comment

Originally posted by BreadWinner View Post
                        Here us your checkoff dollars hard at work. I don't think I see anything about contracts not getting fullfilled. Lots of dollars bring spent on trying to convince Canadians to eat pulses. $5,000,000.00 worth of pea and lentil taste testing. Yikes

Throwing money away trying to get Vanadians to eat pulses, sort like trying to get us to eat Canaryseed.

Comment

We make lentil soup and eat chickpeas(lots) in a spinach salad. Kidney beans in chili. How many people have been served a five or seven been salad. Chick peas with fresh tomatoes, feta cheese, onions and garlic. It.wouldn't hurt for Canadians who weren't raised eating pulses to incorporate some into their diet. Doubt it would make much of a dent in available supplies though.

Comment

i have a 10,000 bus . oct. contract. richardson
                            they are now saying jan. feb.

figured i would take a later oct. contract , because i got tired of taking the lower early
                            sept price. and still haul in Dec.

the terminal was clean and quiet . everybody sitting on their hands .
                            no train in three weeks. and when they do come , they are wheat wheat and canola.
                            no talk of peas

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                              We make lentil soup and eat chickpeas(lots) in a spinach salad. Kidney beans in chili. How many people have been served a five or seven been salad. Chick peas with fresh tomatoes, feta cheese, onions and garlic. It.wouldn't hurt for Canadians who weren't raised eating pulses to incorporate some into their diet. Doubt it would make much of a dent in available supplies though.

Might have to change your name to Fartaholic.😝 Just kidding!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.