• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chickpea Seed

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chickpea Seed

It seems with the high chickpea prices of late there is a high demand for seed. I have contacted a few different seed farms and it seems like they are out of stock. Does anybody have an idea who would still have available supplies?
    Thanks

Be prepared to mortgage the farm to buy seed. I know where there is seed for a reasonable $145/ac. 😂
    I guess it's called supply-demand.

Comment

Originally posted by bigzee View Post
      Be prepared to mortgage the farm to buy seed. I know where there is seed for a reasonable $145/ac. 😂
      wow ! what's it normally cost ?

Comment

Do you have some for sale caseih?

Damn...now canola seed prices will go up, they'll be thinking they left too much money on the table, er...I mean in farmer's pockets!

Soybean pack is worth what? But you don't have to spray fungicides half a dozen times like chickpeas.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
          Do you have some for sale caseih?

Damn...now canola seed prices will go up, they'll be thinking they left too much money on the table, er...I mean in farmer's pockets!

Soybean pack is worth what? But you don't have to spray fungicides half a dozen times like chickpeas.
          no , just curious , don't know a thing about them ? are they a long season ? like growing peas ?

Comment

...just kidding Caseih.... would probably never work in your corner of the province.

Comment

Not even chickpeas will grow in our desert land

We need some rain or it's corner to corner dust bowl

Wife and I are saving our urine all winter...will make the best liquid fertilizer when times are tough

Comment

Originally posted by Ache4Acres View Post
                Not even chickpeas will grow in our desert land

We need some rain or it's corner to corner dust bowl
                It's unnerving to realize typically dry weather crops don't even look promising next season without a soil moisture recharge in the dry zones this fall or next spring. Then if that doesn't happen...the amount of risk taken by "going all in" putting a crop in the ground with all the groceries and hoping for timely rains.

Certified insane way to try and make a living! All with meager crop insurance and useless gutted support programs.

Comment

Is it time for some sort of discussion on ag policy and programs and out of
                  Control costs and risks? Outdated programs?

Comment

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
                    Is it time for some sort of discussion on ag policy and programs and out of
                    Control costs and risks? Outdated programs?
                    I say no. Cut the programs completely. Useless gov Job making. Maybe just a bit crop insurance to cover basic inputs. Let the market work. Maybe than land, equipment costs would have a true value. More subsidies/programs just get capitalized into land/equipment costs. My opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                      It's unnerving to realize typically dry weather crops don't even look promising next season without a soil moisture recharge in the dry zones this fall or next spring. Then if that doesn't happen...the amount of risk taken by "going all in" putting a crop in the ground with all the groceries and hoping for timely rains.

Certified insane way to try and make a living! All with meager crop insurance and useless gutted support programs.
                      Come out here (Edmonton) and I will show you hundreds of thousands lost due to flooding. There is land in this area that produced no crop in 16 and 17 due to flooding. Dry will look much better then. I am hoping for a dry winter so we don't have to do the seed in mud and crop's a dud thing again.

Comment

Originally posted by ajl View Post
                        Come out here (Edmonton) and I will show you hundreds of thousands lost due to flooding. There is land in this area that produced no crop in 16 and 17 due to flooding. Dry will look much better then. I am hoping for a dry winter so we don't have to do the seed in mud and crop's a dud thing again.
                        I think we can all agree that either extreme is no good......
                        Hope we all get a little of what we want.

Comment

I think I scared SWFARMER away with that price. He's become very quiet. 😂😂
                          There are cheaper chickpeas to seed like B-90s.
                          But everyone wants those .70-75 ones.

Comment

Originally posted by bigzee View Post
                            $1.20 a lb? Are you using new math?

Iceman Out

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                            • Return to Topic List
                            Working...
                            X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                            You agree to our and by clicking I agree.